Contribute
Register

Finally!!!Successfully Install El Captian On Lenovo G570(Legacy Boot Mode BIOS).

Status
Not open for further replies.
FakeID not needed for HD3000 mobile. Only snb-platform-id (already in my plist).

Read post #25.

I have attached the current info.
Thanks again for your attention!

Attachments

• G570ALL.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 130
I have attached the current info.
Thanks again for your attention!

Lots of messy things in your kextcache output:
- NullCPUPowerManagement should not be used (see guide on power management)
- VoodooPS2Controller should not be combined with AppleACPIPS2Nub/ApplePS2Controller
- With Clover, it is never necessary to patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement on disk (restore to vanilla)
- the AAPL,snb-platform-id you're using is wrong (it is for desktops, not mobile). Correct setting is in my guide plists
- you also have the correct snb-platform-id in your DSDT (it overrides the incorrect setting in config.plist)
- backlight control is not implemented in the recommended way (recommended is "Brightness Fix" + IntelBacklight.kext)

Guides:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...01-guide-native-power-management-laptops.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

Also, make sure you have 8GB RAM.

You should also try a display sleep/wake cycle to see if it comes back to you...

And if all else fails, do a fresh install following the guide exactly as written.

And did you try pressing your brightness up key? It seems like it might be a backlight issue (you can shine a light on the screen to see).

Thank you RehabMan.
I was doing some fresh installs and many try&errors for the past few days based on your kind hint, and my update is as below.

Lots of messy things in your kextcache output:
- NullCPUPowerManagement should not be used (see guide on power management)
- VoodooPS2Controller should not be combined with AppleACPIPS2Nub/ApplePS2Controller
- With Clover, it is never necessary to patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement on disk (restore to vanilla)
- the AAPL,snb-platform-id you're using is wrong (it is for desktops, not mobile). Correct setting is in my guide plists
- you also have the correct snb-platform-id in your DSDT (it overrides the incorrect setting in config.plist)
- backlight control is not implemented in the recommended way (recommended is "Brightness Fix" + IntelBacklight.kext)
As a result, I could not boot without using the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.
Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I got stuck for the first 2 days without getting any ideas about how to boot without it. There will be always KP at the apple logo screen with the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement related errors.
Since the system is working as if it is fine now (maybe errors are still there), but I will be working with this configuration temporary until I can find a way to do more better mods without the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.
The backlight control is working fine with your "Brightness Fix" + IntelBacklight.kext, thank you!
I don't have the function button working for the brightness yet, but I will still try your methods for it.

Also, make sure you have 8GB RAM.
Just went to a store and bought another 4GB and now it is 4GB+4GB=8GBs, dual channel memory.

And did you try pressing your brightness up key? It seems like it might be a backlight issue (you can shine a light on the screen to see).
The LCD seem to be completely OFF from the power source, I could not see anything with my pen light, but only when I plug the HDMI in the power came back to it. When the power is on, the backlight on/off function button on keyboard is working so I could understand the backlight off state and see the LCD just slightly without backlights, so I know the difference. The LCD was completely off when I didn't have HDMI connected.
I have found in my BIOS setting about the external display settings written as:
"Power on display" -[Auto-Selected]
"Configure using these options:
[LCD only] Output images on LCD screen only.
[Auto-Selected] If any external display is connected, the power on display will be in CRT only mode(D-SUB only). Otherwise it will be in LCD only mode"
So I am suspicious about it.
Currently it is set to Auto-Selected.

The thing I tried different from past settings was enabling only the patch in
config.plist/Kernel and Kext Patches/KextToPatch/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB: HDMI-audio HD3000, 0x00010000, port 0406.
Now I can have my main LCD working without HDMI connected, but I don't have HDMI out available since the system is not detecting HDMI connection out.
System sleep is working, and monitor will come back after wake.
Lid close will turn off LCD, but will not go to sleep.

Camera is working.
Network (LAN) is working. - Using AtherosL1CEthernet.kext
WiFi is NOT working (I know). Going to get some compatible WiFi cards somewhere.
Onboard Audio is NOT working. Some ALC driver kexts does not work, Voodoo kexts does not work either.
My Systemreport shows Hardware>Audio>Intel High Definition Audio, and in the below it says Audio ID : 0.
There is also one more "Device" with no additional information.

The attached is my current status with my G570 - model 4334.

Attachments

• G570ALL_20160427.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 122
Without then it gives me KernelPanic and restarts automaticly.
Yes I think I need to modify DropTables.

Read/follow the guide carefully...

I also have a G570 laptop with OS X 10.11.5.
HD 3000 only show vram=3mb and resolution stuck on 1024*768.
pls help me to solve this problem!!
my spec :
I5 2520m
16GB RAM
Intel HD 3000
thanks
The attached is my current profile of G570.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 91
Sorry, my profile show below
LENOVO G570 laptop + bootloader(Clover legacy)
CPU: i5-2520m/HM65
Graphics: HD3000, 1366x768

Please, in your profile, as requested in the guide (the bold face part you seemed to have skipped reading).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back