Contribute
Register

Finally Happy With My G4 Cube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have another Cube sitting at my in-laws that is waiting to be cut up. I am going to go with the copper touching the original heatsink and see if my 2105 can stay cooler than your 2500k. Although I'm wondering if maybe I shouldn't go for some kind of low temperature IB CPU. I don't think the two extra SATA ports are worth upgrading to the Q77 Intel board. I'm anti PICO PSU so I need on board power.

Hi Spence,
Well, my temperature management has slipped slightly in the last couple of months. Idles more frequently now in high 30s. Maybe the contact between copper block and CPU has slipped a little. Still fairly happy though for what is a higher TDP processor. You should be able to get better with a lower power CPU.

2120? Are you sure that will work? I think that chip has the HD2000 graphics which means you would need a discrete graphics card.

Yeah, I know, I looked it up too, but this is a weird thing... I had this cpu in a GA-B75M-D3H board and the native graphics worked fine. I have since sold the mobo, replaced it with a GA-Z77-D3H and upgraded the CPU to an i5-3570K and had to add a discrete card so I could change the resolution.

But it did work, I swear! If I cant get it going with the i3 Im happy to upgrade to an i5 quad, I just need a good excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back