Contribute
Register

Finally a working Mavericks compatible XBOX 360 controller driver!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z490 PRO-VDH Gaming Edge Wifi
CPU
i5-11400
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Is there anyway to get a power A xbox 360 controller to work on this controller? The pref panel says that it doesn't see my 360 controller.

The only thing that worked for me was the hack with 0.8 linked to above. Tried everything multiple times with a PowerA ProEx Mini, finally did the 0.8 hack and boom. I have a controller. So happy.

Just a necro update to this thread. I was getting Kernel panics on El Capitan and Sierra (both real Mac hardware and my Hackintoshes) with the older "improved" 360 driver mentioned earlier in the thread whenever I unplugged the device from any USB port, so upgraded to this version:
https://github.com/360Controller/360Controller/releases and fine so far on a z77 Hackintosh and a 2015 Macbook Air and 2015 Macbook Pro.

Even the player 1 light shows up in El Capitan & Sierra now, and unplugging/plugging back in no longer causes a kernel panic, and I can cold boot with the pad already connected, which didn't work before, even on real hardware.

edit: Only replied because this thread showed up first for me in a Google search, even though it is 2 years old, so hopefully this will help someone else who had the same issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back