Contribute
Register

Final Few Issues Regarding High Sierra on Lenovo Miix 720

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS2 kexts will not help you with a USB device.
I believe I have the USB and Backlight working properly now (will post Problem Reporting files tomorrow to check).

As far as the touchpad goes, do you know of any way to get the trackpad to be recognized properly?

I believe I have the USB and Backlight working properly now (will post Problem Reporting files tomorrow to check).

As far as the touchpad goes, do you know of any way to get the trackpad to be recognized properly?

You should first determine which kind of trackpad you have (how it is connected, PS2, I2C, or USB).

You should first determine which kind of trackpad you have (how it is connected, PS2, I2C, or USB).
Ok. What would be the best way of doing this? I have both Linux and Windows on the laptop already. I believe I can chalk it up to not being I2C. I know the touchscreen is though.

Ok. What would be the best way of doing this? I have both Linux and Windows on the laptop already. I believe I can chalk it up to not being I2C. I know the touchscreen is though.
in wondows, device manager, will tell you your trackpad

So, I'm assuming this is what we are looking for. Says that is "on USB Input Device". I have another that is a Wacom Device which I am assuming is the touchscreen.

mouse.png

So, I'm assuming this is what we are looking for. Says that is "on USB Input Device". I have another that is a Wacom Device which I am assuming is the touchscreen.

View attachment 322561
unless you have a Microsoft usb mouse plugged into your laptop?

unless you have a Microsoft usb mouse plugged into your laptop?

Nope. This is the type cover itself. (Forgive the mess. I need to clean it sometime.)

typecover.jpg

View attachment 322561
Nope. This is the type cover itself. (Forgive the mess. I need to clean it sometime.)

View attachment 322564

If it is detected (eg. your USB configuration is correct, and you see it in System Information->USB), but not working, then you likely will need a custom kext (which will require documentation on the USB protocol and a developer to create the kext).

If it is detected (eg. your USB configuration is correct, and you see it in System Information->USB), but not working, then you likely will need a custom kext (which will require documentation on the USB protocol and a developer to create the kext).
I suppose this will just remain something that doesn't work then. It's really quite sad given how well the computer performs with macOS.

Though, it isn't required to use this keyboard, so I can just look into a small form factor mechanical keyboard along with a mouse/trackball.

Well, I suppose I will move on to other issues, and I will post my PR files. It is still finicky on boot. The Apple logo still has to scale up half way through the load, and one it does, there are still times where the screen will go black until I disconnect/reconnect the type cover. Works perfectly fine after that though.

Also, I know the USB is still using the patch, but that is because I am waiting on a USB C dongle for testing before I start blacklisting unused ports.

Attachments

• debug_19503.zip
    5 MB · Views: 107
I suppose this will just remain something that doesn't work then. It's really quite sad given how well the computer performs with macOS.

Though, it isn't required to use this keyboard, so I can just look into a small form factor mechanical keyboard along with a mouse/trackball.

Well, I suppose I will move on to other issues, and I will post my PR files. It is still finicky on boot. The Apple logo still has to scale up half way through the load, and one it does, there are still times where the screen will go black until I disconnect/reconnect the type cover. Works perfectly fine after that though.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back