Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Thinkpad L1HF63B00HA
CPU
i7-6700HQ
Graphics
Quadro M1000M, 1920x1080
Hello, this will hopefully be my last thread regarding setting up macOS on this device. Once these issues get resolved (if they can be resolved), I will post my findings for everyone else who might also use this device in order to help them.

First of all, what does work:
- Graphics fully supported
- Battery Indicator
- Sound
- Bluetooth (sort of)
- WiFi (using USB adapter)
- Brightness
- Keyboard (including brightness keys and volume rocker on side)
- Trackpad (very limited support)
- USB 3.0

Secondly, what does not work, but has a "known" solution:
- Touchscreen

It is an I2C device, and will most likely need to wait until a newer version of VoodooI2C.kext is released.

Finally, moving on to the last few issues that I am facing. I'll start with the most minor and go from there.

Issue #1:
Very small Apple Logo Upon Boot

Stays small until about half way through loading bar, glitches, then enlarges.

Issue #2:
Occasional Boot to Blackscreen

It goes black after the glitch mentioned above. Fixes upon disconnecting the keyboard and reattaching.

Issue #3:
No Gestures For Trackpad

There are no gestures on trackpad whatsoever. It is a USB device according the I2C Gitter. I have tried VoodooPS2Controller.kext, but it does not recognize it. According to I2C Gitter, it has a proprietary multi-touch protocol.

As usual, any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. (I will post Problem Reporting files momentarily as an edit).

Hello, this will hopefully be my last thread regarding setting up macOS on this device. Once these issues get resolved (if they can be resolved), I will post my findings for everyone else who might also use this device in order to help them.

First of all, what does work:
- Graphics fully supported
- Battery Indicator
- Sound
- Bluetooth (sort of)
- WiFi (using USB adapter)
- Brightness
- Keyboard (including brightness keys and volume rocker on side)
- Trackpad (very limited support)
- USB 3.0

Secondly, what does not work, but has a "known" solution:
- Touchscreen

It is an I2C device, and will most likely need to wait until a newer version of VoodooI2C.kext is released.

Finally, moving on to the last few issues that I am facing. I'll start with the most minor and go from there.

Issue #1:
Very small Apple Logo Upon Boot

Stays small until about half way through loading bar, glitches, then enlarges.

Issue #2:
Occasional Boot to Blackscreen

It goes black after the glitch mentioned above. Fixes upon disconnecting the keyboard and reattaching.

Issue #3:
No Gestures For Trackpad

There are no gestures on trackpad whatsoever. It is a USB device according the I2C Gitter. I have tried VoodooPS2Controller.kext, but it does not recognize it. According to I2C Gitter, it has a proprietary multi-touch protocol.

As usual, any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. (I will post Problem Reporting files momentarily as an edit).

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

My apologies on not getting these up. The site kept regarding it as spam last night, so I actually could not post them.

These should not have VoodooPS2 or VoodooI2C in them just as a heads up.

Attachments

• PR-Files.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 115
My apologies on not getting these up. The site kept regarding it as spam last night, so I actually could not post them.

These should not have VoodooPS2 or VoodooI2C in them just as a heads up.

Your profile is not filled out as per FAQ... missing screen resolution... please fix:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Why MacBookPro10,1? (that laptop is Ivy Bridge, yours is KabyLake).

You have a lot of work to do... brightness control is one example... USB is another...
See pinned posts and FAQ here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/high-sierra-laptop-support.192/

Your profile is not filled out as per FAQ... missing screen resolution... please fix:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Why MacBookPro10,1? (that laptop is Ivy Bridge, yours is KabyLake).

You have a lot of work to do... brightness control is one example... USB is another...
See pinned posts and FAQ here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/high-sierra-laptop-support.192/

Fixed the profile. Forgot to add that last time I updated it.

That's supposed to 14. Not 10. Just a typo. Thanks for pointing it out.

That's odd. The brightness control is actually working (or is that in regards to the booting issue?)

What exactly is wrong with the USB. Nothing seems to be out of order in that regard. 2.0 and 3.0 both register. Can't test Thunderbolt, but I assume it would work (though USB-C is just used for charging for my personal use).

That's odd. The brightness control is actually working (or is that in regards to the booting issue?)

Not odd. You have brightness enabled with "Brightness Fix" applied to DSDT.
But that method is wrong/incomplete.
Please refer to the guide.

What exactly is wrong with the USB.

USB guides are linked from the FAQ. Please read it.

USB guides are linked from the FAQ. Please read it.

Ok. Going to try and address this one thing at a time, but I would like to make sure I did the correct thing. I believe I adjusted the following: EHC1->EH01 and EHC2->EH02 Rename and Port Limit Patch.

I did notice that during testing the ports, my USB 3.0 connection seemed to drop down to a 2.0 connection (not sure if that had something to do with it. I was testing using an external hard drive that adjusts the color of the LED based on the connection it was on, and it currently shows consistent 3.0 connection as of now).

I have not moved on to making a custom SSDT in order to remove the connections I don't need yet because I wanted to check and see if this was what you were referring to when you mentioned USB. I notice 2 different things in the FAQ, and it seems that the Power Property plays off the custom SSDT (in regards to using USBInjectAll.kext).

Ok. Going to try and address this one thing at a time, but I would like to make sure I did the correct thing. I believe I adjusted the following: EHC1->EH01 and EHC2->EH02 Rename and Port Limit Patch.

I did notice that during testing the ports, my USB 3.0 connection seemed to drop down to a 2.0 connection (not sure if that had something to do with it. I was testing using an external hard drive that adjusts the color of the LED based on the connection it was on, and it currently shows consistent 3.0 connection as of now).

I have not moved on to making a custom SSDT in order to remove the connections I don't need yet because I wanted to check and see if this was what you were referring to when you mentioned USB. I notice 2 different things in the FAQ, and it seems that the Power Property plays off the custom SSDT (in regards to using USBInjectAll.kext).

There is no ECHI controllers on 100-series chipsets, so no need for EHCx patches.
Port limit patch is not for long term use. You must create a custom SSDT to stay within the 15-port limit.

Alright, will work on that today. Will this help me out with the trackpad or not? It's usable, but it's not being properly identified. It does seem to be a USB Synaptics Touchpad, so would VoodooPS2 work for it?

Last edited:
Alright, will work on that today. Will this help me out with the trackpad or not? It's usable, but it's not being properly identified. It does seem to be a USB Synaptics Touchpad, so would VoodooPS2 work for it?

PS2 kexts will not help you with a USB device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back