Contribute
Register

Final Cut Pro X - Which Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Cut tends to use the CPU over GPU. Especially when you have nvidia installed. AMD Cards would have worked better for fcpx.
And the reason why your projects export faster on your MacBook is Intel quicksync

Final Cut tends to use the CPU over GPU. Especially when you have nvidia installed. AMD Cards would have worked better for fcpx.
And the reason why your projects export faster on your MacBook is Intel quicksync

the BruceX benchmark 27s

but i try before wen exporting h264 vs prores

prores much faster than h264

Yes, this isn't surprising.
ProRes is a completely different codec. Intel Quicksync works only with h264 (and h265. depending on your processor) encoding. (as far as I know!)
That's why you probably get a better performance with ProRes on your Hackintosh than on your Macbook.

Yes, this isn't surprising.
ProRes is a completely different codec. Intel Quicksync works only with h264 (and h265. depending on your processor) encoding. (as far as I know!)
That's why you probably get a better performance with ProRes on your Hackintosh than on your Macbook.
how to enable inel quick sync

i checked is disebled i download a software macx video converter to check

Your dual-gpu setup could be the problem. I've read that a lot of people have a problem with FCPX Playback and dual gpu. You've already posted a youtube video with a solution in a different thread.
If that didn't help, I don't have any other solution.

Anyone tried the RX460 yet?

I'm looking for an affordable low power AMD GPU, budget is around $150 and My PSU is a 380Watt Seasonic, I'm running only on Kabylake's HD630 now, FCP is running well but rendering is quite slow, My Bruce X is 126 seconds, I wonder if I will get quite an improvement with RX 460, RX 480 is out of question fro now due to power supply limitation and the price.

Would an RX580 from Gigabyte (AUROS 8GB) be a good GPU for FCPX?

Are Gigabyte GPUs Hackintosh-compatible?

It's the less expensive RX580 with 8GB I've found on my local Amazon...

Hey

just want to know how about sapphire card?

If your using WeChat? my WeChat is:

keep looking forward

高翔

The site rules say:
  • Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back