Contribute
Register

Final Cut Pro X - Which Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
@rwillett
HI, I finally downgrade to EL Capitan and one 280x and works better than any other card in my life for FCX (excepto 290x, but was a pain with Davinci). So, thank you for the different info in this thread.

Can you tell me how much watts PSU you have to manage two 280x?

Thanks!

3. The 280X cards are pretty good value for money. Most seem to work OK, though some have issues with which frame buffer you select.
Hi ewillett,
This is the first time I have posted on this site. I am from China, so I use Google Translate to translate Chinese into English, hope you can read it.
I recently used FCPX to buy a new computer, configured as follows:

motherboard: GA-B150-D3A
CPU:i5 6500
GPU:XFX R9 280X 3GB

I learned from the site R9 280X is the best choice, but unfortunately I bought a XFX graphics card, and can only load VBIOS through Clover to drive the graphics card.

Strange, no matter whether I have injected frame buffer, this will only affect the display of the graphics name. I use Geekbench to test graphics card openCL performance that always gets the correct score (about 105,500).
But FCP is very, very slow. I pull out the graphics card, replace the config file using iGPU (HD 530), faster than 280X.
Sorry I did not run BruceX because it caused the FCP to crash.
(My operating system version is 10.12.4, FCP version is 10.3.2)

I would like to get some advice, which should I adjust the configuration? Or if I put XFX graphics card into sapphire will happen?
Thank you very much!

Should i test 10.11? Or test the FCP10.2?
Or take advantage of the graphics card can also return, back it, for a sapphire graphics card?

@rwillett
HI, I finally downgrade to EL Capitan and one 280x and works better than any other card in my life for FCX (excepto 290x, but was a pain with Davinci). So, thank you for the different info in this thread.

Can you tell me how much watts PSU you have to manage two 280x?

Thanks!

I use a EVGA 1200W PSU which is complete overkill. I got it for peanuts as it was incorrectly priced.

An 850W and upwards is fine, though if you spend more you get more cables and module bits. Its also less stressed and quieter.

Hi ewillett,
This is the first time I have posted on this site. I am from China, so I use Google Translate to translate Chinese into English, hope you can read it.
I recently used FCPX to buy a new computer, configured as follows:

motherboard: GA-B150-D3A
CPU:i5 6500
GPU:XFX R9 280X 3GB

I learned from the site R9 280X is the best choice, but unfortunately I bought a XFX graphics card, and can only load VBIOS through Clover to drive the graphics card.

Strange, no matter whether I have injected frame buffer, this will only affect the display of the graphics name. I use Geekbench to test graphics card openCL performance that always gets the correct score (about 105,500).
But FCP is very, very slow. I pull out the graphics card, replace the config file using iGPU (HD 530), faster than 280X.
Sorry I did not run BruceX because it caused the FCP to crash.
(My operating system version is 10.12.4, FCP version is 10.3.2)

I would like to get some advice, which should I adjust the configuration? Or if I put XFX graphics card into sapphire will happen?
Thank you very much!

Your English translation is mostly fine. Better than my Mandarin. The last sentence makes little sense to me. Perhaps try a different phrase and see if that works.

XFX appears to be a bad choice for 280X cards, some work, some don't. I think you can reflash them though.

If you are getting the right OpenCL score BUT FCPX is slow, check that the internal GPU is not enabled. Whilst FCPX will work, it gets confused. You disable the IGPU in the BIOS.

Not sure what config you are changing.

I would check in reflashing the XFX card (if thats possible) or search for people who have the right framebuffer for their XFX card.

The Saphire cards just work at least for me.

I have no issues with FCPX 10.3.1 on Sierra 10.12.x.

Rob

Your English translation is mostly fine. Better than my Mandarin. The last sentence makes little sense to me. Perhaps try a different phrase and see if that works.

XFX appears to be a bad choice for 280X cards, some work, some don't. I think you can reflash them though.

If you are getting the right OpenCL score BUT FCPX is slow, check that the internal GPU is not enabled. Whilst FCPX will work, it gets confused. You disable the IGPU in the BIOS.

Not sure what config you are changing.

I would check in reflashing the XFX card (if thats possible) or search for people who have the right framebuffer for their XFX card.

The Saphire cards just work at least for me.

I have no issues with FCPX 10.3.1 on Sierra 10.12.x.

Rob

I have returned XFX graphics card and buy a sapphire card, I'll test it when comes, thank you for your advice!

has anyone had any luck with the R9 Nano with Final Cut Pro X yet? seems like they got the card running 100% now.

i have a big issue

i have 2x gtx 1080 ti 11g

mac pro 5.1

you can check my build in my profile

problems
1 - final cut pro x 10.3 not working fast as
my old mbp 17 inc is faster in rendering time

2 - playback is jumpy and frame dropping even with proxy viewer

but wen i remove one of the gpu out the playback is good but final cut pro x still slow

but wen i overclock to 5ghz the frame dropping less then befor

i need Final cut to work as fast as possible

i use Samsung 960 pro m.2 2tb

its very important for me its my business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back