Contribute
Register

Final Cut Pro X Video Editing Hardware and Software on Z97X Motherboard and i7-4790K

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just finished installing this video card Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB but everytime that i try open Final Cut X its crash,im using El Capitan Version 10.11.4.

edit:Final Cut X crash when i try to open my projects.

Last edited:
Dear Rob,

A month ago i finished my first Hackingtosh with your support. The video and audio were problematic. Everything is working right now and Nvidia Web is running smooth.

This is my hardware build :

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P
Intel Core I7 6700K
32GB Kingston DDR4 HyperX
Gigabyte GTX 960 G1 Gaming (4GB)
TpLink Archer Wifi
2x Samsung EVO 750 SSD.

Just installed Final Cut Pro to open some 4K Video. When I start final cut the whole system is freezing for a while. I cannot move the mouse pointer and the video performance is very poor and stuttering. What can I do about that ?

I need help :)

You have a different motherboard, different CPU, different memory and different GPU to me :) This thread is about the Z97X MB and FCPX.

Also there's no indication of which OS X or which version of FCPX.

Have you looked at the console? What errors are you getting? Is your memory working correctly? There are so many things that could be wrong here and it's impossible to even hazard a guess without more information. Simply saying it doesn't work very well is meaningless.

I would suspect the GPU's are the issue but I'm wholly AMD based for graphics but thats just a random guess as many people have FCPX working on these boards.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back