Contribute
Register

Final Cut Pro X Video Editing Hardware and Software on Z97X Motherboard and i7-4790K

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Only iMovie is free when you buy a Mac. FCP X will cost you 300 USD. It's well worth it if you
are a video Professional. If not just stay with iMovie, it's way better than Camtasia. If you don't
have a Mac try to find some older iLife suite disks for sale on Ebay or Amazon and then install
on your CustoMac.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MC623Z-A-iLife-VERSION/dp/B003XKRZES
Thank you for the advice @trs96 I will leave at this I don't wanna go all off topic and hijack this thread I just figured i'd ask I'll give iMove a try when I get my Hackintosh built.

Motherboard
Asus z97 Sabertooth Mark II
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
ASUS ROG STRIX 480x 8GB
I bought the xfx card you suggested but my system keeps freezing when I try to boot from it. Is there any other setup configurations that are required to make it work? Im plugging into the HDMI port on it.
It boots when I use internal graphics and disable the graphics card in the BIOS

Motherboard
MSI X99 Gaming 7
CPU
i7 5820K
Graphics
AMD R9 280X
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I installed dual R9 280x and got a high Lexmark score. However, sharing a 1080p movie to iTunes didn't reflect any speed advantage over using just one (1) 280x. I started with Yosemite and after updating El Capitan got better render and sharing times. Dual 280x' however are still the same as single 280x. The system sees both cards as HD 7xxx 3072 MB. Any suggestions or ideas on how I can make my render and sharing times faster would be greatly appreciated.

corei3cpu

Banned
Motherboard
HP Intel 6300
CPU
Intel i5-3470
Graphics
Nvidia GT 710, Dual HDMI, 1080p
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Classic, Color Classic, iBook, iMac, Performa, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I installed dual R9 280x and got a high Lexmark score. However, sharing a 1080p movie to iTunes didn't reflect any speed advantage over using just one (1) 280x. I started with Yosemite and after updating El Capitan got better render and sharing times. Dual 280x' however are still the same as single 280x. The system sees both cards as HD 7xxx 3072 MB. Any suggestions or ideas on how I can make my render and sharing times faster would be greatly appreciated.

[video=youtube;sWRw2Bq5x6g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWRw2Bq5x6g[/video]

corei3cpu

Banned
Motherboard
HP Intel 6300
CPU
Intel i5-3470
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
What about Graphics cards that support FCPX, 4K displays and HDMI 2.0 ?.....

Which one do I choose?

corei3cpu

Banned
Motherboard
HP Intel 6300
CPU
Intel i5-3470
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
If you want to speed things up, you will need to mainly look at

a) a decent video card
b) a decent CPU
c) motherboard
d) memory

How much hardware do you need for a good final cut pro build for editing 4k video?

CPU.... is 4-cores, 4-threads enough? ( Quad Core Intel i5, i7 , Xeon )
Ram....16, 32, 48, 64, 96gb ?
Graphics....Nvidia? AMD ? is GT 740 enough? is GTX 750ti enough or should I go with AMD 280x? GTX 980 is too expensive. Budget about $250. Which support HDMI 2.0 and 4K video Display ?
Hard-drive....Boot drive 256 SSD is this okay or should I use a 2nd dedicated 256gb scratch SSD or hard-drive?

I have saw this video on Youtube where you can edit 4K video on a Macbook 12-inch
notebook with Final Cut Pro.

Macbook 12-inch
CPU - Intel-M @ 1.2ghz ( 2-cores, 4-threads )
memory = 8gb.
hard-drive = 256 ssd
Graphics = Intel HD 5300

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnapaZYD2cU" target="_blank">[video=youtube;KnapaZYD2cU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnapaZYD2cU[/video]

Does the Intel CPU support "FCPX" ?
Which Graphics cards are best for "FCPX" and Support HDMI 2.0 and 4k Displays?

-Thanks in advance.

Motherboard
Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
2 x R9 280X
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
I bought the xfx card you suggested but my system keeps freezing when I try to boot from it. Is there any other setup configurations that are required to make it work? Im plugging into the HDMI port on it.
It boots when I use internal graphics and disable the graphics card in the BIOS
Unsure who you are referring to, I have never suggested buying an XFX card, indeed every report I have seen has shown there may be issues with them. I actually suggest NOT buying an XFX card.

There are a quite a number of threads on XFX 280X cards elsewhere, I'd suggest taping into those as this sticky is specific to the topic.

Thanks

Rob

Motherboard
Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
2 x R9 280X
Mac
Are your cards actually identical? Have you disabled internal graphics?

Rob

Motherboard
Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
2 x R9 280X
Mac
They are exactly the same. My motherboard doesn't have a built-in graphics.
The Bruce X benchmark demonstrates the power of having dual 280X cards, try it and see what the time is. It may well be that your video is actually rendered and all the time is data transfer in which case the cards are immaterial.

If your dual 280X cards don't work, then thats the first time I've heard of this issue.

Rob