Contribute
Register

Final Cut Pro X FCPX Graphic Card performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a bit odd. I have three different 5770's and they all worked identically. No issues with not respecting the monitor boundary.

However I only use DVI ports. I can drive two monitors off the two DVI ports on one 5770 and a single larger monitor off the single DVI port on the Apple 5770. All of this worked out of the box with no kexts at all. I didn't have to do anything to make them work and no extra config afterwards. Fans were fine.

I also turned off the on-board Intel Graphics as it significantly slowed things down with FCP X.

My motherboard is a Gigabute X87X UD3H and it was a painless install with no flags needed either.

FCP X works very well with the two 5770s. Again no extra configuration (or any configuration) needed.

I will have to check what its displayed as in my Mac. I have a feeling the Apple one comes up as a 5000 as well, but am away from the computer at the moment.

Rob.

Good to hear your 5770's work without issue, and yes I disabled IGFX within the BIOS.

My friend picked up the rig from me a few days ago and since I haven't heard back from him since, I'm assuming it is performing to his satisfaction.

I will follow up with him this week to see if everything's good.

Thanks again for the help!

You should hook your friend up with your 650ti and get yourself a 280X. I just replaced my two 650ti's with a 280X yesterday. Amazon had manufacturer refurb MSI 280X's for $259 the other day. My BruceX score with a single 280X was 34 seconds compared to 48 seconds I was getting with two 650ti's. The only difficulty getting it to work was to have my hackintosh boot from the EFi partition.

Picked up another 280X used on Amazon for $175. Just dropped it in, no Crossfire. Bruce X score dropped from 34 sec down to 21.

Just a note to those buying the AMD R9 cards on Amazon. Avoid buying any of
the Used, Used Like New cards from sellers with just a few feedback ratings.
Bitcoin/Litecoin miners will run those 24/7 for a month or two and then try to
dump them on unsuspecting buyers. Not everyone selling used is doing this,
just to let you know that can be the case if buying used AMD R9 graphics cards.

Similar situation with used R9 graphics cards sold on Ebay. Buyer Beware.

FCPX 10.1.1 Mavericks 10.9.4
I7 3930k/Asus Sabertooth X79
Dual Radeon HD 7950 3GB
Export to Raid 1 3TB WD green drives.

23 seconds

Hope it helps...

Final Cut Pro 10.1.2
I5-3570k OC to 4.6GHZ
Dual Radeon 7870 2gb
OS X 10.9.4

24.6 sec

Status