Contribute
Register

Final Cut Pro X FCPX Graphic Card performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those numbers are Mind Boggling My build with RX580 4G Bruce 5k Test render time is 30 seconds. What mistake I have done. ? All 36 Cores are active.
We are in the same boat, mine is about 34 seconds with the Vega 64. There's gotta be something that keeps the gpu from being utilised in FCP.

My tests so far

i7 2600 with 280x El Capitan 18 secs

i7 2600 with 780ti El Capitan 26.5 secs

2015 5k iMac Sierra - 27 secs

2017 5k iMac Sierra - 15.5 secs

i7 2600 with Vega 64 High Sierra 17.8secs

i7 2600 with 280x High Sierra 28.3 secs

i7 2600 with 780ti High Sierra 44.6 secs

i7 3770 iMac with 680MX High Sierra - 1min 11.70 secs

i7 8700k with Vega 64 High Sierra 13 secs
Did you do anything special to get full acceleration with Vega? I'm getting very poor performance :thumbdown

Did you do anything special to get full acceleration with Vega? I'm getting very poor performance :thumbdown

Make sure you’re running High Sierra. Also I avoid activating the intel onboard graphics.

I also noticed after installing smcfan or intel power gadget my fps in cinebench dropped about 50%. Avoid installing those apps.

If you’ve installed those apps, only way I know how to fix it is fresh rebuild and do not restore from time machine.

Make sure you’re running High Sierra. Also I avoid activating the intel onboard graphics.

I also noticed after installing smcfan or intel power gadget my fps in cinebench dropped about 50%. Avoid installing those apps.

If you’ve installed those apps, only way I know how to fix it is fresh rebuild and do not restore from time machine.
Yes, I'm running High Sierra, I've even tried with 10.13.2 betas and no luck. The other guy who is having issues has a MSI board as well, could that be remotely related?

Yes, I'm running High Sierra, I've even tried with 10.13.2 betas and no luck. The other guy who is having issues has a MSI board as well, could that be remotely related?

It shouldn't be. I'm using a Saphire card. Are you benching on a fresh install of High Sierra? That will help determine if apps are messing with the gpu.

Another thing is, make sure you've got the card inserted on the fastest pcie slot.

It shouldn't be. I'm using a Saphire card. Are you benching on a fresh install of High Sierra? That will help determine if apps are messing with the gpu.

Another thing is, make sure you've got the card inserted on the fastest pcie slot.
I'll try reinstalling tomorrow and see how that goes. Thanks!

Fresh Install of Sierra 10.12.6
No apps installed Except FCPX 10.3, Still Time is 30 Seconds (Average of 29,31,30)

Fresh Install of Sierra 10.12.6
No apps installed Except FCPX 10.3, Still Time is 30 Seconds (Average of 29,31,30)

Not 100% sure if this could be impacting on the benchmark, do you have the integrated intel graphics disabled?

Also I'm using the latest fcpx 10.3.4. Can you confirm if you're using the same version?

Not 100% sure if this could be impacting on the benchmark, do you have the integrated intel graphics disabled?

Also I'm using the latest fcpx 10.3.4. Can you confirm if you're using the same version?
Im using LiluGreen and Whatever Kext in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other. As I checked on Internet Bruce 5k by Radeon RX560 is 38 Seconds. Its a eye watering failure for my build.....

Improved Bruce 5k Timing for RX480 4G is 17 seconds

Fixed Solution is to run Enable Baffin-CUS Script source ::: itsage.com
Code:
cd ~/Desktop

chmod +x enable-baffin-CUs.sh

sudo ./enable-baffin-CUs.sh ellesmere 36
Credits: to respective authors and bloggers

Last edited:
Im using LiluGreen and Whatever Kext in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other. As I checked on Internet Bruce 5k by Radeon RX560 is 38 Seconds. Its a eye watering failure for my build.....

Improved Bruce 5k Timing for RX480 4G is 17 seconds

Fixed Solution is to run Enable Baffin-CUS Script source ::: itsage.com
Code:
cd ~/Desktop

chmod +x enable-baffin-CUs.sh

sudo ./enable-baffin-CUs.sh ellesmere 36
Credits: to respective authors and bloggers

I'm not using that stuff. If it helps, you can download my EFI here - EFI.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back