Contribute
Register

Final Cut Pro X FCPX Graphic Card performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone test BruceX with the new nVidia Pascal drivers and GTX 1070 / 1080?

Thank you @kicsiii. I can't say I'm not disappointed about the result. The GTX1080 is not much faster than a GTX980Ti under OSX and FCPX. Thank you again for your time.

Thank you @kicsiii. I can't say I'm not disappointed about the result. The GTX1080 is not much faster than a GTX980Ti under OSX and FCPX. Thank you again for your time.
@cinematix

Yes you right, but 980Ti is very good card! AMD card is better for the FCPX. Can You tell me what is your 980Ti score?!

I do not own an hakintosh right now but form other people's testing with 980ti and i7 6700k the time was 49s.

@cinematix
Thank you! You don't need upgrade 1080. :) Mayba AMD RX480 or Dual RX 480, if you Need...

that's weird..cuz my Titanx Maxwell takes 23-29sec in FCPX 10.12.4 background render off of course.

I thought Titan x Maxwell's performance is below than 1070.

Oh it might be related to CPU. mine is i7 6700k

how big is the performance benefit of having a second r9 280x vs. just having single card? is 4k editing possible with just a single card install?

I have a GTX 960 and am using FCPX 10.2.3 on El Capitan and get about 26 sec on the BruceX test (with background render off). Wondering what a GTX 1080 on FCPX 10.3 would get. Anyone running that configuration? There is a new update to FCPX also...

I have a GTX 960 and am using FCPX 10.2.3 on El Capitan and get about 26 sec on the BruceX test (with background render off). Wondering what a GTX 1080 on FCPX 10.3 would get. Anyone running that configuration? There is a new update to FCPX also...

Check here for latest benchmarks: http://barefeats.com/egpu_pascal.html

According to their results, it's about the same. FCPX is still best used with AMD and isn't optimized at all for GTX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back