Contribute
Register

Final Cut Pro X FCPX Graphic Card performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone confirm export time from FCP in h.264 single-pass.

I got 2 hour on timeline exported for 5.5 hours in realtime.
Also 4 min on timeline I got for 4 min in export, also h.264 single-pass.

I have just changed from GTX750ti (got same time on same project 2h to 5.5h realtime) to R9 280x.

BruceX score now is 30 sec, and with old card (750Ti) it was 65sec.

Is it possible that 280x is not working while exporting?

I heard that on real iMac with i7 and 680mx 2 hours on timeline exports for 1 hour in realtime.

280x works OOB, I have just plug it in and got acceleration straight away and everything seem to work fine, also I notice a speedup in workflow in FCP. But same as Neandertha1 I also have problem with name of card on about this mac it shows "AMD Radeon HD 7xxx 3072 MB." Can this be a problem, maybe bad driver support or something?
I haven't yet removed web driver for Nvidia, it still loads with system.

Your 280X is working. The card name is immaterial.

I assume you have removed your GTX750i, you don't say explicitly. No idea if nVidia drivers affect this, they shouldn't but if you have dumped the nVidia card, there's no reason to keep the drivers.

Hi Guys!

This year I'm planing to assembly my first "customac" mainly for FCPX. I would like to use SIERRA.

But as I gone through the buyers guide I see that the GPU list is somehow old... So I peak into the local shops and found out, it possibly will be very hard to buy an appropriate card.
So my question is, which is best/most compatible GPU option which should be still available around 150-300€ ?

which is locally available are here (as you see mostly last pieces or used):
www.alza.sk/geforce-gtx970-graphics-cards/18855278.htm

I've read something about dual card option, is it possible to put this
www.alza.sk/EN/gigabyte-n740d5oc-2gi-d1638229.htm?catid=18854531
into dual mode? how hard would be that? and how would the performance be against the GTX970?

I'm also afriad to ask what about the AMD cards, because I found thread somewhere around which says there are problems with sleep/awake and also with boot.

So what would you do? Buy one of the "last mohicans" now? If yes which option or what alternative? Or wait when I got all the money for the build and hope that the newer cards will be supported properly?

El Capitan 10.11.6

i7 6700k (4 GHZ)
16 GB RAM (DDR4 3200 MHz)
R9 280x 3GB (950 MHz)

Time: 20 secs

I want to share this for amd 280 x users. How to unlock from 2,5 gt/s to 5 gt/s!!!
Please, take care if you try this.

I know this is required to get 5GT/s on a Mac Pro, but is it required on a hackintosh?

That's why I sent my 280X (for my Mac Pro 5,1) to MacVidCards to update the VBIOS and make the mod. Well worth the money in my opinion as he has gobs of experience. (I bought the 280x for a song on eBay a while back.)

That's why I sent my 280X (for my Mac Pro 5,1) to MacVidCards to update the VBIOS and make the mod. Well worth the money in my opinion as he has gobs of experience. (I bought the 280x for a song on eBay a while back.)

Can you share some test @Stork?
Thx!

Yes.
Bruce Test, Luxmark Basic its enough.

As you know, I have 480X and works with a lot of work in any update. It's not super powerfull with Final Cut, the only important things for me in a hack - I use real macbook for the rest.

So, I'm trying to define if is better change for a cheap 280X, in my country, half value of the experimental 480X.

And personally, I need to forget hardware for a while ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back