Contribute
Register

Final Cut Pro X FCPX Graphic Card performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5
I7 6700K stock as it came optimized BIOS Settings
32gb RAM DDR4-3000 (not sure if this is running at this speed yet)
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb
used Sapphire R9-280x, but one fan doesn't work and the other ones bearings are failing. Think i need to return this POS. Who knows how abused it is.
OSX Sierra 10.12

Bruce X to ProRes422 avg of 3: 18.4sec

Wish a modern AMD Card would work as well, really annoying having to spend Euro 300 for a new in box card thats 2 years old... if you can find one.

BruceX - 13-14 seconds with one GPU, 9-10 seconds with 2 GPU's!

Gigabyte MB Z170X-UD5 TH
Intel Skylake Core i7-6700k CPU (not overclocked yet)
Noctua NF-A15 CPU Cooler
32GB Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 2400 DIMMS
Samsung EVO 850 1TB SSD
HGST 4TB Enterprise Drive (also free - recent server pull)
Seasonic X-850 PS
Fractal Design Define R5 Case
Sapphire R9-280X 3GB Dual-X GPU
Sapphire R9-280X 3GB Dual-X GPU (2 of them installed)
OSX 10.11.6 using Clover Bootloader

Hi, Rudyo!
I'm planning to buy (today) almost the same configuration, except for the GPUs.
Do you have the Brucex results without the GPUs (using internal graphics)? Or... anyone? :)

Don't know if I can ask here, was the hackintoshing process too hard or things worked out easily with less workarounds?
I'm new into the hackintosh world and I work a lot with fcpx with videos from 5 to 50min with few transitions (for youtube).
I'm wondering if the AMD will be absolutely needed right now or not.

Thanks!

Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5
I7 6700K stock as it came optimized BIOS Settings
32gb RAM DDR4-3000 (not sure if this is running at this speed yet)
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb
used Sapphire R9-280x, but one fan doesn't work and the other ones bearings are failing. Think i need to return this POS. Who knows how abused it is.
OSX Sierra 10.12

Bruce X to ProRes422 avg of 3: 18.4sec

Wish a modern AMD Card would work as well, really annoying having to spend Euro 300 for a new in box card thats 2 years old... if you can find one.

RX480 works. I now use it with colorfinale.
With same setup except overclocked CPU (4.7ghz), I get 13-14 seconds in bruce x.

Wow, R9 390, in El-cap 8.3sec,

I ordered 980ti, so I will compare this in Same OSX and I will go to Sierra for testing again.

I heard Sierra will slower than El Cap, but I will see.

Thanks!!

I ordered 980ti, so I will compare this in Same OSX and I will go to Sierra for testing again.

I heard Sierra will slower than El Cap, but I will see.

Thanks!!

So what score did you get with the 980ti? I am thinking of buying one as it'll be fast in davinci resolve and hope it'll still be fairly fast in FCPX.

RX480 works. I now use it with colorfinale.
With same setup except overclocked CPU (4.7ghz), I get 13-14 seconds in bruce x.

Hi, I tried Gigabyte RX 480 4 GB and FCPX crashes any time it tries to show any video. Is it because of the brand or any specific settings? I installed it only by adding the ID in AMDRadeonX4100.kext. It has the boot to black screen problem, but that's not fatal. Otherwise it works well with acceleration and games.

Thanks!

Im running an i5 4690k stock, 16 gb ram and R9 Fury (non-x). 19 seconds.

That is INSANE! Single 390?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back