Contribute
Register

Final Cut Pro X FCPX Graphic Card performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Titan xp average time 9-10sec. I don't know it would be applied to another rendering works. But sometimes when I use H246 codec, it is really slow than internal gpu.(HD530). I did OC for CPU.

Hey what are your settings? Or what is your system/OS setup? I have an 8700k at 5.2GHz and a titan X pascal and get right at 20 seconds for the export with quick sync enabled

Hey what are your settings? Or what is your system/OS setup? I have an 8700k at 5.2GHz and a titan X pascal and get right at 20 seconds for the export with quick sync enabled

Hey now, I am using Vega64. 7sec for Apple422, 16sec for H264. No using HD630. IT really defends on your OS version and FCPX version too. 10.14.2 beta and 10.4.1 FCPX.

iGPU - OFF
WhateverGreen - Yes

Couldn't export

iGPU - OFF
WhateverGreen - Yes
NoVPAJpeg - Yes

Can export H264, but slow.

Then I switch iGPU in BIOS on (only this)

iGPU - ON
WhateverGreen - Yes

I can export H.264, but system reboot or random logout sometimes.

I have a 1080Ti, all works fine, the Bruce X 5 K test is done in 19 seconds... but I don't understand why the 4K bug in the Final cuT timeline X h264 videos... help me please :(
I use the 103

(Sorry for m’y English i’m french)
How is the 1080 ti in fcpx? I have one but not built it yet... thinking of switching to vega 64 but cant decide! Does tge 1080 ti work well apart from the h264 bug? There is a way to fix it i think...

13,7 Seconds Bruce X test with Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+

iGPU - off
WhateverGreen - no
RadeonDeInit - no
without anything !!!

iMac 18,3
16 GB RAM

View attachment 347366

View attachment 347365

Greetz :headbang:
@LeoDuke I have a question if you have upgraded to OS X Mojave? I have upgraded and my setup I found on another site as how to setup best my rig for FCPX. Now that was just crashing on Mojave and I am stuck back to 75 sec. for BruceX test as I had 26 sec. before. Could you share your config.plist and what kexts you are using and if you have them in CLOVER->kexts->Others or in /Library/Extensions? I am trying to find out why my setup is so slow now. I have the following:

- Asus ROG Z370-i ITX
- I5-8600k
- 16 GB RAM 2666Mhz
- Samsung EVO 960 500GB NVMe
- iGPU auto (did not make any difference to turn off)

Hi, so I'm running currently 2 X R9 270X cards for fcpx which have been working great but I'm thinking of upgrading to 1 X RX 570 8GB.

I'm now using Mojave but wondering if its worth the hassel of upgrading?

Many thanks,

Alex

I just did an upgrade from my "old" six-core 8700k to a brand-new eight-core 9900k CPU. I Also upgraded the system memory from 32 gb to 64 gb. The BruceX export time in FCPX was:
13.1 seconds with the 8700K/32gb
17.45 seconds with the 9900k/64gb

Cinebech and Geekbench are showing much faster single core and multicore, so CPU is working properly. Quick Sync is active... What's going on? Where to look and make it quicker instead of slower export?

I just did an upgrade from my "old" six-core 8700k to a brand-new eight-core 9900k CPU. I Also upgraded the system memory from 32 gb to 64 gb. The BruceX export time in FCPX was:
13.1 seconds with the 8700K/32gb
17.45 seconds with the 9900k/64gb

Cinebech and Geekbench are showing much faster single core and multicore, so CPU is working properly. Quick Sync is active... What's going on? Where to look and make it quicker instead of slower export?
Seems your graphics card is not working right. Make sure to set ig-platform-id to 0x5912003 (if AMD graphics). I upgraded to Mojave (what a nightmare!) and had to recreate config.plist. On this setup I have a i5-8600k, 16GB RAM and Radeon RX560 4GB. BruceX test was running 75 secs. When I entered correct ig-platform-id it is now down to 26 secs. I can live with that.

Seems your graphics card is not working right. Make sure to set ig-platform-id to 0x5912003 (if AMD graphics). I upgraded to Mojave (what a nightmare!) and had to recreate config.plist. On this setup I have a i5-8600k, 16GB RAM and Radeon RX560 4GB. BruceX test was running 75 secs. When I entered correct ig-platform-id it is now down to 26 secs. I can live with that.
You made my day, thank you!!! This was the solution. Now the rendertime is 13 seconds again. Just ordered a vega 64. Hopefully this will bring the score under 10 seconds.

You made my day, thank you!!! This was the solution. Now the rendertime is 13 seconds again. Just ordered a vega 64. Hopefully this will bring the score under 10 seconds.
Glad I could help. I am usually the one needing help :)
I am still not sure what is the optimal settings/setup for FCPx. It seems the main job is done on the GPU. I did a BruceX test under 10 secs. with a overclocked i5-8600k and RX580 8GB. I also wonder what a Vega 64 can do. I wonder if your upgrade from 8700k to 9900k and doubling the RAM was worth it? What do you think? As far as I have read the 8700k is often beter overclocked than the new PCUs since 8700k is so stable on overclock and less prone to throttling.

On the above mentioned hacintosh I had under 10 secs. on BruceX test and I used a lot of time to tweak my config.plist from some sites I can not mention since tonymacx will ban me straight away :(. But after mojave upgrade I am on 13-14 secs. Just waiting for some advice I have asked for on the ultimate FCPX setup for mojave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back