Contribute
Register

Final Cut Pro X FCPX Graphic Card performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally everything normal!
I replaced the library HDD with an SSD and values returned to normal.
BruceX Test in 26 sec. average
For some 'time there we really believed that he could take the test in less than 20 sec.:lol:

Finally everything normal!
I replaced the library HDD with an SSD and values returned to normal.
BruceX Test in 26 sec. average
For some 'time there we really believed that he could take the test in less than 20 sec.:lol:

So changing a slow hard disk to a solid state disk (which is massively faster) slowed things down? I can believe 26 secs with 3x270X.

Something is very, very odd with that configuration.

Rob

26 sec. with 1x R9 270X 4Gb
The result obtained in the past was surely the result of an error, this is a more reliable result.
FCPX certainly did not erase all the files rendered, maybe it was a bug, I do not know, but it was impossible to believe that with one R9 270X ended the test in 19 seconds ..
Now 26 is more realistic

That does sound more realistic. I was getting 22/23 seconds with 2 GTX 980 Ti's.

hi all, just jumped on this as i was running a Gigabyte GTX980 for a week or so but getting stability issues. The Nvidia webdriver/security update issues caused me to look elsewhere and found this thread. FCPX would crash on launch every time.

Couldn't buy a 280 as they are discontinued at most of the stores local to me so i took a punt and got a Sapphire 380.

Uninstalled the Nvidia drivers, took out Clover boot flags to do with Nvidia driver otherwise its all fairly vanilla.

Installed the 380, final cut loaded up instantly, i ran BruceX and got 26 seconds, which i understand is pretty reasonable.

So just a heads up that this card seems to work out of the box in yosemite 10.10.5 with FCP 10.2.2

Thanks for all your contributions, as usually spent half the day chasing my tail but an informed purchase has helped.

At some stage i'll try the GTX980 again and try and get a BruceX on it but i'm happier to not have external drivers and bootflags etc.

hi all, just jumped on this as i was running a Gigabyte GTX980 for a week or so but getting stability issues. The Nvidia webdriver/security update issues caused me to look elsewhere and found this thread. FCPX would crash on launch every time.

Couldn't buy a 280 as they are discontinued at most of the stores local to me so i took a punt and got a Sapphire 380.

Uninstalled the Nvidia drivers, took out Clover boot flags to do with Nvidia driver otherwise its all fairly vanilla.

Installed the 380, final cut loaded up instantly, i ran BruceX and got 26 seconds, which i understand is pretty reasonable.

So just a heads up that this card seems to work out of the box in yosemite 10.10.5 with FCP 10.2.2

Thanks for all your contributions, as usually spent half the day chasing my tail but an informed purchase has helped.

At some stage i'll try the GTX980 again and try and get a BruceX on it but i'm happier to not have external drivers and bootflags etc.

Thats good to know about the 380.

Could you send me the exact model down to SKU number so I can add this to the list of cards known to work. As much information as you can would be good. I'm keeping a thread going with hardware information that we know works out of the box.

Thanks

Rob

On my i7-4790k and my EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0 I'm seeing 20 sec BruceX tests in El Capitan with 32gb ram. 10 minute 1080p exports to youtube seem kinda slow and CPU heavy to me though. How can I tell if this thing is using Quick Sync properly?

Your story has changed a few times. First you said 18-20 sec for 5 times, then you upgraded the software and went to 26 seconds with the same amount of video cards (1) 270x 4gb ?

I am running a 2600k at 4.2Ghz 16GB Ram and Dual Saphire 270X connected to 6 Monitors on 10.9.5 Mavericks, my BruceX is 29 seconds

I'm struggling super hard. Here is my system:
i7 950
GA-X58A-UD3r
850 EVO 500gb SSD
Gigabyte Windforce R9 280x Rev 2
10.10.5 with Chimera
Booting from EFI partition

So, due to my old setup, clover is giving me severe issues (wont get past the b1f: init5).

I upgraded to the 280x and everything seems to be working fine until I get into FCPX (which is the reason I bought the card). Once I load a project (any project), during loading, it crashes every time! I can run Luxmark (just the default test) and get an average score of 12,545 but FCPX just isn't working. I've pretty much gone through every piece of info I could find regarding clover on the x58 platform as well as all the threads for the 280x.

I'm really in a bind because I'm under a very strict timeline for a project (I know I shouldn't have jumped in head first but from what I read, this card is supposed to work OOB and has been working pretty well aside from the FCPX crash. I hope someone can point me in the right direction as this is getting to be very frustrating.

Let me know if you need more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back