Votes: 5 8.9%
  • GeForce GTX 580

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Other (specify in comments)

Votes: 17 30.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see you used the MSI GeForce, I had the Gigabyte version of the 650ti but I could never get it to work with Final Cut. It worked for everything else just fine but not Final Cut X. Is there anything you did to get yours working? I installed CUDA drivers and still nothing? I am wondering if the MSI version is different in anyway? Also Apple does not list the 650ti on their compatibility list, they only have the 650m.

...Is there anything you did to get yours working? I installed CUDA drivers and still nothing? I am wondering if the MSI version is different in anyway? Also Apple does not list the 650ti on their compatibility list, they only have the 650m.

It's been working great with FCPX 10.1. I didn't have to do anything special. It's the same chip on both cards so I'm not sure why yours wouldn't work. I'm using mine on a Gigabyte motherboard. I'm thinking of adding a 2nd video card to see if there's any additional performance gain with 10.1.

I am using an EVGA GTX 570 SC with 1280 MB of GDDR5 RAM and haven't been having any problems with Final Cut Pro X up to now! :)

To everyone who is using a 570: Update to FCPX 10.1 because it really speeds up previewing unrendered Clips in comparison to earlier versions:mrgreen:

I use this card with GE=Yes and the latest CUDA Drivers.

Hello,

Mi name is David and Im quite new on this Hackintosh world, Im building one
for Video editing purposes on mind, my setup is based in a Z77=DS3H rev 1.1 like yours
thats why I wanna ask you for a couple of advices, Does your current Main Hackintosh works
well Hardware and OS speaking? Im thinking about buying the same hardware as you, do you have any suggestion for me?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers from Berlin.

David

I have 660TI but ive had some troubles with FCPX, its not very stable and the CPU is working at 100% most of the time rendering things.. maybe ill give 10.1 a try!

David,

Our Hackintosh is working surprisingly well since 6 months. all we use it for is FCP X and DaVinci Resolve. The 10.1 update really helped.
I was actually thinking about buying a new MacPro, but after playing with the 4core model and comparing it with my i7 Haswell, I think it's not worth it.
I'm still looking for a higher performance video card than the GTX 760 we currently run, but overall Hackintosh is the way to go.

Grüsse nach Berlin!

David,

Our Hackintosh is working surprisingly well since 6 months. all we use it for is FCP X and DaVinci Resolve. The 10.1 update really helped.
I was actually thinking about buying a new MacPro, but after playing with the 4core model and comparing it with my i7 Haswell, I think it's not worth it.
I'm still looking for a higher performance video card than the GTX 760 we currently run, but overall Hackintosh is the way to go.

Grüsse nach Berlin!

Hi ut4mac2,

which of the GTX 760 do you use? I was thinking about to get the 4GB version as a second card to improve the work with Resolve. Does FCPX benefit from a second card? How about Resolve? Will it recognize the second card without any tweaks? I've upgraded to Mavericks recently and find it more stable then my previous OS (Lion).

Grüße aus Norddeutschland

T

Hello,

Mi name is David and Im quite new on this Hackintosh world, Im building one
for Video editing purposes on mind, my setup is based in a Z77=DS3H rev 1.1 like yours
thats why I wanna ask you for a couple of advices, Does your current Main Hackintosh works
well Hardware and OS speaking? Im thinking about buying the same hardware as you, do you have any suggestion for me?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers from Berlin.

David

Hallo David, schön nen deutschsprechenden User hier zu treffen (bin aus Ö ;P)

Regarding your post: I've been using my system (you'll find everything in my signature) for more than a year now and I´ve absolutely not been having any probs at all. Really everything works but sleep - when the PC wakes up from sleep my USB Ports don't work no more but I'm trying to find a solution to fix that.

One more thing: I downgraded back to OS X Lion 10.7.5 for the following reasons:

• I like the old dock better (ok I'm a bit of a nostalgic guy ;))
  • accurate power management for my GTX 570 idleing @ 35 -40 deg (used to get 56°C+ on 10.8 and 10.9 -> I'm speaking of IDLE - Temps(!) )
  • somewhat better OpenGL performance

If you are also considering staying on 10.7.5 feel free to ask everything you want to know :)

Thanks guys for the replies, finally I decided to build the rig based on a different
mobo, due to the good results of the user Niklook, I bought quite the same components
as he did cause they seemed to mork well in FCPX.

Hardware:

• Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
  • Intel i5-3470 4X 3.40GHz
  • Noctua NH-U9B SE2 Tower (CPU Cooler)
  • 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600
  • 500 Watt Corsair CX Series Modular
  • BitFenix Prodigy M Mini Tower
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost Superclocked 1GB.

I´m using the Mavericks 10.9.1 and FCP X 10.1.1 and so far everything is working
amazingly, tried some heavy filters like Boris and Luca, and the performance was very good
I just had one hang using one of Luca effects but I think is not related to FCP X.

After this first days of experience with my Hackintosh I would recommend you guys to check
this graphic card, is a great compromise between price and performance.

Cheers from the snowy Berlin!

Hallo David, schön nen deutschsprechenden User hier zu treffen (bin aus Ö ;P)

Regarding your post: I've been using my system (you'll find everything in my signature) for more than a year now and I´ve absolutely not been having any probs at all. Really everything works but sleep - when the PC wakes up from sleep my USB Ports don't work no more but I'm trying to find a solution to fix that.

One more thing: I downgraded back to OS X Lion 10.7.5 for the following reasons:

• I like the old dock better (ok I'm a bit of a nostalgic guy ;))
  • accurate power management for my GTX 570 idleing @ 35 -40 deg (used to get 56°C+ on 10.8 and 10.9 -> I'm speaking of IDLE - Temps(!) )
  • somewhat better OpenGL performance

If you are also considering staying on 10.7.5 feel free to ask everything you want to know :)

Thanks for your reply, und ich bin kein Deutsche, aber kann ich trotzdem ein bisschen Deutsch sprechen, so ein schwieriger Sprache! Danke trotzdem und alles Gutte!

Concerning your downgrade I could not go back to and older OS version, in my experience so far Mavericks prove to be better than his predecessors, besides I love the new dock! also using the gtx 650 Ti SC the temps stays between 40-45 in IDLE, thats not bad at all :)

Quick update concerning the gtx 650 Ti:

I havent realise it before but reading other posts I saw people having
problem with the GPU getting stuck at high frequencies or working at
full load when not needed, the fact is when I checked my frequency in HWMonitor
I saw that my card was always stuck on maximum frequency, luckily found this
post and could fix my problem easily:

Fix for OpenCL crash with GK110B based cards
Now the temps are lower and FCP X still working :)
Hope this can help somebody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back