Votes: 5 8.9%
  • GeForce GTX 580

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Other (specify in comments)

Votes: 17 30.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you by any chance have FCP lags or crashes if you applied 3rd party effects to clips? Mine seems to be hanging up bad and I'm looking to revamp my system to your specs pretty much. Any help is appreciated.

Hi,

what about the GeForce GTX780 working with the Final Cut Pro X. Does it have any problem? Has anybody tested before? Thanx!

I ended up going with the GTX 650ti for my build and everything has worked perfectly...accept FCX (which is the reason I built the machine). My problem I get is that when I apply either the stock effects that come with FCX or 3rd party such as Crumplepop effects after my clip has rendered when I play it back the clip has this flashing effect on it, it even stays when exported. Here is what I have tried to fix the problem and no luck yet.

Worked with Crumplepop support.
Uninstall FCP 10.0.9 then reinstall.
Uninstall FCP and install FCP 10.0.7
Deleting all render files in all projects in both versions.
Deleting all projects then putting them back on my computer from a backup.
Tried using the intel graphics on the motherboard.
Installed the Cuda NVIDIA drivers suggested

I am running Mavericks on my machine so I am not sure if that is the issue? I can post a clip to YouTube later if that would help to see the problem. Any advice would be much welcomed and appreciated.

Anyone have any idea if simply adding a 2nd identical graphics card would speed up rendering with the new release of FCPX 10.1? My guess is that they would need to be SLI-capable

I could not get my 650 Ti to work in Final Cut. Every time I applied any effect it would make the clip flash all different colors like a stobe light after it rendered. I removed my GPU and just use the intel graphics on my board and FCX works just fine now, but it is much slower at rendering without the GPU installed. I tried every fix I could find to get it to work and no luck. Running 10.0.9 (have not updated to 10.1 yet) any suggestions for me?

I could not get my 650 Ti to work in Final Cut. Every time I applied any effect it would make the clip flash all different colors like a stobe light after it rendered. I removed my GPU and just use the intel graphics on my board and FCX works just fine now, but it is much slower at rendering without the GPU installed. I tried every fix I could find to get it to work and no luck. Running 10.0.9 (have not updated to 10.1 yet) any suggestions for me?

The 650ti needs GraphicsEnabler=No. That's the only thing I can think of. Maybe update your Nvidia preference pane.

14 months with the 670 and I as happy as the proverbial pig.
All 1080p work - broadcast, corporate, commercial and web.
Such a fast machine, really happy.:headbang:

I am using an EVGA GTX 570 SC with 1280 MB of GDDR5 RAM and haven't been having any problems with Final Cut Pro X up to now! :)

To everyone who is using a 570: Update to FCPX 10.1 because it really speeds up previewing unrendered Clips in comparison to earlier versions:mrgreen:

I use this card with GE=Yes and the latest CUDA Drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back