GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello Everyone!

Been running my Hack Pro since April and most of the time I'm loving it...

As for the last month or so I have been contemplating reformatting to windows (terrible I know..) because of the constant issues with Final Cut Pro X.

For a while my hack pro was freezing randomly and the freezing stopped after removing my Sapphire Pro 14 Firewire interface. I now have a new problem with freezing but only when using Final Cut Pro X.

Every single time I export from Final Cut, my comp either freezes and I have to restart, or it restarts itself. The freezing takes place anywhere between 5% to 35% during the export process.

I have also noticed the computer can freeze or restart just from background rendering...it's somewhat random and my frustration has grown exponentially since the issue has arisen.

I have tried multiple solutions to fix ranging from deleting waves plugins, trashing render files, re-installing fcp with multiple different versions. At this point i'm trying to figure out if it's possibly a video card issue...

When I play games I don't encounter crashes, neither do I encounter them when bouncing from Logic Pro.

I have researched and found that other FCP users encounter this problem, ones even on mac machines from apple.

Anyway, just hoping someone has experience with this issue or could shed some light on the problem. I like troubleshooting issues but this one is making me more and more frustrated every day.
:banghead:

Been working on another project, once I started rendering it froze and restarted at about 30%... so confused and frustrated....any ideas anyone?

:beachball:

Anyone having similar issues or maybe have an idea for a fix?

Much appreciated...

What format are you exporting to or does it freeze regardless of what format you try?

If you've only tried exporting to one format, try another....just to see if anything changes.

Thanks for the response, i've tried multiple formats. apple devices, export file, etc...also every once in a while my computer will freeze or restart while final cut is background rendering...

very odd..

Z87 motherboard?

Try bumping up your memory voltage. Have a read here where this guy succeeded in curing his Z87 freezing:

http://quickwebgems.blogspot.ca/2013/11/hacintosh-kernel-panicfreeze-randomly.html

Many, many Z87 owners have the problem. I've suggested this a few times in the last day but nobody has got back to me. Their systems either blew up or they haven't tried yet. :)

I would, worth a shot.

Welp, I gave it a go. Bumped up the voltage to 1.6 but it started causing me more issues - I couldn't even see the login screen after boot. Back to 1.5 now and working again..

Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back