Register

Final Cut Pro X 10.3 crash

Motherboard
Asus Strix z270F
CPU
Kaby Lake i7 4.2K
Graphics
RX 580 / HD 630
All seems to be working fine but when I try to export in FCPX H.264 I get an error and no file is created. Here is the error.

Screen Shot 2017-11-05 at 19.35.27.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte 170x SOC Force
CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
All seems to be working fine but when I try to export in FCPX H.264 I get an error and no file is created. Here is the error.

View attachment 290264
Did you modify any Kext or com.apple.AppleGVA or com.apple.coremedia?
It should all be vanilla

Motherboard
Asus Strix z270F
CPU
Kaby Lake i7 4.2K
Graphics
RX 580 / HD 630
Yes I had modified the Info.plist in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleGVA.framework/Versions/A/Resources but I changed it back to its original state. Shouldn't that be enough? BTW now for some reason it works... BTW what do you mean it should all be vanilla?

BTW I noticed in the Intel Power Gadget that when I had the shikigva=1 argument, it was not moving and always (almost) in 0 GHz frequency. I removed that argument and I see it moving up to about 1GHz when using e.g. MacX video converter for a test.

Motherboard
Gigabyte 170x SOC Force
CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Yes I had modified the Info.plist in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleGVA.framework/Versions/A/Resources but I changed it back to its original state. Shouldn't that be enough? BTW now for some reason it works... BTW what do you mean it should all be vanilla?

BTW I noticed in the Intel Power Gadget that when I had the shikigva=1 argument, it was not moving and always (almost) in 0 GHz frequency. I removed that argument and I see it moving up to about 1GHz when using e.g. MacX video converter for a test.
By vanilla, I mean only original kexts in L/E and S/L/E, and no configuration change outside of clover.
From what I understand, shikigva=1 should not be needed if you do not modify AppleGVA.framework to enforce offline rendering.

Motherboard
Asus Strix z270F
CPU
Kaby Lake i7 4.2K
Graphics
RX 580 / HD 630
One more question @vinste . Is it normal to be getting a frequency of about 0.5 Ghz of the igpu during quicksync? Never saw it going higher than that.

Motherboard
Gigabyte 170x SOC Force
CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
One more question @vinste . Is it normal to be getting a frequency of about 0.5 Ghz of the igpu during quicksync? Never saw it going higher than that.
I think it is, and I would say it depends on the task that is assigned (decoding/encoding/which quality/which resolution).
On my side, I can see the iGPU frequency varying from a few Mhz while decoding a youtube video to 1.15 Ghz while exporting a 4K FCPX timeline

Motherboard
GA-z170x-UD5 TH
CPU
Intel i7 6700 skylake
Graphics
Xfx Rx 480
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
So what do I need to modify to get it to work on my Intel 530 graphics?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
RX480
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Performa, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
FCPX10.3.4 crashes left and right on OSX.10.3.1.

It worked fine on the same setup in OSX10.3. I'm using connectorless 530 igpu for quicksync and 1 new 4K screen via displayport on a MSI rx480.
I even tried my old screen via DVI, but that's not it.
Trashed preferences to no avail too.
Using whatevergreen, lilu, shiki and intelfixup without arguments. I also inject Intel, but not AMD.

What am I missing?

BTW, Intel quicksync works. iMovie works.

Last edited:
Old thread I know but hopefully this helps newer builds. If there is a better more current thread I am unaware of it.

Mojave 10.14.2
Final Cut Pro 10.4.4

Disabling iGPU in System BIOS made Final Cut Pro work but it also caused JPEG preview to not work.

My solution was to change the SMBIOS in Clover config to a system that matched my Vega 64 GPU in this case it was the iMacPro1,1. I did this via Clover Configurator to both mount my EFI and open the config.plist file in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

I had to sign in again to iCloud but messages still works.

Then in BIOS I had the iGPU disabled and my first graphics to PCI first slot where my Vega 64 is installed.

Minimal testing but no black screen on boot I see BIOS, Clover, Apple Boot. Final Cut opens (I haven't done any work with it yet but at least it opens), JPEG preview works, messages still works, sleep works, Geekbench spits out expected numbers.

In short SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1, iGPU disabled in BIOS = things working apparently.