Contribute
Register

Final Cut Pro X 10.1.1 freezes - Graphic card EVGA GTX 760 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Graphics
GeForce Nvidia 760
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi guys,

I ran unibeast and multibeast and that is all.
I didnt really change any settings, just follow one of the tutorials.

Mac seems to work ok, but when I downloaded FCP X 10.1.1 (legally, I bought it)
it loads but as soon as I create a project and try and copy and paste clips to the time line, I get the beach ball appearing and 20 mins later it is still there..

I have no idea what I'm doing really, this is my first build.. could it be the graphics card?

I tried to read up on it, do I need to do something with OpenGL or do I need to change a setting, or something in a kext (what ever that is?)

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but spent a while looking and cant find anything exactly relevant, Can anyone with more experience provide a link to an article that will instruct me step by step what to do?

Do I need to install the GTX 760 drivers that came in box?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
thank-you very much

pgh

Motherboard
HP Probook 4740s
CPU
i7-3630QM
Graphics
HD 4000
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

it loads but as soon as I create a project and try and copy and paste clips to the time line, I get the beach ball appearing and 20 mins later it is still there..

I have no idea what I'm doing really, this is my first build.. could it be the graphics card?

I tried to read up on it, do I need to do something with OpenGL or do I need to change a setting, or something in a kext (what ever that is?)

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but spent a while looking and cant find anything exactly relevant, Can anyone with more experience provide a link to an article that will instruct me step by step what to do?

thank-you very much

i am experiencing the same problems with Hd 4600 graphics and i flipped back to 10.8.5 with fcp 10.0.9

you might check this link

http://fcpx.tv/troubleshooting.html

i haven't tried it myself yet so let me know if you find a fix on this issue

pgh

Motherboard
HP Probook 4740s
CPU
i7-3630QM
Graphics
HD 4000
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey I am having the same exact issue. Were you able to fix it?

i am working under Ml again and everything works perfect... (i did do a test with fcpx 10.1 under Mavericks 10.9 and it ran smooth on intel 4600 graphics...) seems te problem lays in the 10.9.1 10.9.2 Mavericks updates

Motherboard
Asus h97-plus
CPU
intel i5 4590
Graphics
intel 4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi guys,

thank-you very much

me too :(

Status
Not open for further replies.