Contribute
Register

Final Cut Pro users here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of you have audio sync issues? If have a film project on a Mac Pro 3,1 on FCP 7.0.3. It's perfectly in sync. When I open the same project on any hackintosh it goes out of sync. This is when external sound has been synced with video. Not pilot sound from the video clip.

Hey Joe,

Did you buy the Quadro 4000 Mac? Or the PC version?

If you did buy the Mac card do you have problems in Windows with your Mac Card?

Thanks,

John

JOEBAHOOVY6 said:
I agree fcp isn't friendly at all with AVI's either. Always convert and work with Apple pro Res files. Unless you need super clean footage the pro Rez LT is a very clean codec with not too much space taken up. Otherwise as the above post states MPEG stream clip Is fantastic and is a free encoder/converter from a company called squared 5. You will need the quickime MPEG PLAYBACK componet located on apples site and it's around 20$. A worthwhile investment for anyone needing to convert just about anything to QT pro Res. Anyone looking to build a killer video editing system look no further than my specs below. This thing makes a MAC Pro drool in my dust! BTW anyone wanting to know adobe premier is KILLING FCP today, hopefully in a few weeks at NAB apple releases a premier killer! Until then I'll take my 5 layers of chroma keyed, live typed glowing graphics and 3 way color corrected footage in real time on my HACKINTISH's Quadro 4000 card any day over FCP. Thanks again to Tony for this incredible opportunity to work this fast for so little $$$$!!!!!;)

Hey Joe,

Thanks,

John

NO, I bought the PC Card, and it's actually REALLY, solid on the PC. It seems a bit Quirky on the MAC, but I am VERY happy with my Realtime results in Adobe Premier, so I can deal with the couple small quirks. Over all its VERY solid and smooth.

JB6

Hi JB6. Could you share some of the quirks you are seeing on the Mac side? Although they are ok for some it might be a deal breaker for others. =) I would love to know what kind of quirks are attached to the $799+ price tag before spending it. Thanks for the info in your last post.

I have quirks on my 5770. Like sometimes when the screens wake up from sleep they are all covered in digital snow... So I just power cycle the monitor and things go back to normal. This kind of quirk is a non issue, even on a production machine.

-John

JOEBAHOOVY6 said:
Hey Joe,

Thanks,

John

NO, I bought the PC Card, and it's actually REALLY, solid on the PC. It seems a bit Quirky on the MAC, but I am VERY happy with my Realtime results in Adobe Premier, so I can deal with the couple small quirks. Over all its VERY solid and smooth.

JB6

Hi JB6. Could you share some of the quirks you are seeing on the Mac side? Although they are ok for some it might be a deal breaker for others. =) I would love to know what kind of quirks are attached to the $799+ price tag before spending it. Thanks for the info in your last post

Easily the 2 biggest quirks are when I am in Motion and Live Type the Small Preview window where you look at the previews of the effects and titles the screen is garbled, and wont update properly. I truly believe it's a NVidia thing, but the only other program that does that is MPEG StreamClip I cant play video in the window for digitizing DVD's. I now use Wondershare Video converter for mac for that purpose now.

Other thatn those two minor issues, Adobe Premiere is BLAZING fast and all realtime up to 5 layers including Chroma Key. I'll deal with those small quirks for that kind of processing power!

Good luck!

JB6

I'm Thinking about getting the Quadro 4000 what is the difference between the pc card and the mac version?

boss351 said:
I'm Thinking about getting the Quadro 4000 what is the difference between the pc card and the mac version?

the only difference i know of is that the PC version has 2 DVI outputs one Display Port. The mac version has 1 DVI output and 1 Display Port.

Are you able to use all of the outputs

boss351 said:
Are you able to use all of the outputs

I have not installed either of these cards in my system.

I am able to use two DVI outputs on my ATI 5770.

Hello. I'm unable to use RT playback in FC. Whenever I start playing my video, I receive a message about dropped frames and during playback I only see the frame from which the playback started, and then, when I stop the payback, it shows me the frame, where the playback ended. In other words, the viewer and the canvas windows do not update during playback. It looks like FC does not use all the CPU power of my Core i7. Same problem with Compressor. It is strange, because all other MAC OS software run very well, although I haven't had a chance to test each and every program. I run MAC OS and FC off external USB 2.0 drive. Could this be a problem? Or maybe something else? Thank you for your advices!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back