Contribute
Register

Final Cut Pro users here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ninetto said:
Of course... it runs and runs and runs. Hackintoshably wonderful.
The video card depends really on how high-end you want to go. Essentially video-editing is 2D and thus not GPU intensive (cpu very much so for rendering)... so pick a 9800gt Nvidia with 256 bit interface and 1GB Ram and you can't go wrong.
And if you got the moolah then grab a 280gtx.
For uncompressed 10-bit/SDI Monitoring I had a Decklink Extreme2 card running fine in my last Hackintosh.

--------------------

Hi Ninetto..
i have an FCP 7.0 on my Hackintosh [ gigabyte X58A-UD3R, i-7 960, ATI-4770, 8 GB Ram ]
im working with an internal 1 TB harddisk on HDV.

The FCP keeps crashing out, im in the middle of a project and dont know what to do.
please help if you know the way out.

My FCP 6.0 was working fine on a HDV project with media about 800 GB on an internal WD harddisk. Slowly it became sluggish. Even simple commands up and down the timeline would get the multicoloured TURNINGWHEEL for 5 mins - 10 mins... Mostly it crashes the FCP.
it is very confusing and having no clue..

I decided to upgrade to 7.0 but the problem remains.

As there is no Hackintosh expert that i know.. i feel i am wasting my time..

If anyone is clear on the solution please post as soon as apossible..

thanks..

FCP 7.0.3 runs perfect in my new setup:
GIGABYTE X58 USB3, Core i7 950 3.2Ghz, 2 x 4GB RAM, Geforce GTS250, Intensity Pro, plus VIA Firewire card

Used a lot this weekend with R3D files in ProRes HQ

valdok said:
FCP 7.0.3 runs perfect in my new setup:
GIGABYTE X58 USB3, Core i7 950 3.2Ghz, 2 x 4GB RAM, Geforce GTS250, Intensity Pro, plus VIA Firewire card

Used a lot this weekend with R3D files in ProRes HQ

Curiosity. I'm looking into building a Hackintosh editing workstation. What particular RAM did you purchase?

Thanks!
Brian

My system is working to PERFECTION with all FCS3.0 and FCP 7.0.2, but it REALLY kicks ass in Adobe's production premium suite..... YES I spent a lot of $$$$$. but it was WELL worth it. Protools, All the FCS suite and the Adobe Production premium you name it it ROCKS!

Hey guys. First time poster, long time reader here. I finally got my hackintosh fully up and running a couple days ago and yesterday I got around to installing Final Cut Pro 7 on it. I ran into an issue almost immediately - I inserted a video file, hit command + R to render it (or whatever the rendering shortcut is) and then tried to play the video. The audio was working fine, but the video in the viewer window was just garbled stuff, not moving. I tried this with a few different videos (I believe in both mp4 and avi file formats) and it did the same thing to all of them. I was wondering if anyone maybe knew what the issue could be.

Specs:

Core i5 760 2.8ghz
Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 Rev 2 F6 (I used EasyBeast, not UserDSDT)
4 GB RAM
EVGA GTX460 1GB

I have a feeling this might be the kind of issue that could exist for multiple reasons, but I'd appreciate any sort of troubleshooting tips. Thanks!

MP4 is not supported in FCPro.
Get Mpeg Streamclip, a freeware converter.
Load your MP4s into Streamclip, then save (transcode) them into a different format, animation-codec/lossless if it's important stuff. Otherwise another flavor of quicktime that fits the SD or HD resolution of your original files.

But your other remark, that avi-files also do not work seems to indicate you might have a more serious problem with your system...unlesss: Are the AVIs also some form of Divx/H264 ? Then do the same process...

good luck, ninetto

I agree fcp isn't friendly at all with AVI's either. Always convert and work with Apple pro Res files. Unless you need super clean footage the pro Rez LT is a very clean codec with not too much space taken up. Otherwise as the above post states MPEG stream clip Is fantastic and is a free encoder/converter from a company called squared 5. You will need the quickime MPEG PLAYBACK componet located on apples site and it's around 20$. A worthwhile investment for anyone needing to convert just about anything to QT pro Res. Anyone looking to build a killer video editing system look no further than my specs below. This thing makes a MAC Pro drool in my dust! BTW anyone wanting to know adobe premier is KILLING FCP today, hopefully in a few weeks at NAB apple releases a premier killer! Until then I'll take my 5 layers of chroma keyed, live typed glowing graphics and 3 way color corrected footage in real time on my HACKINTISH's Quadro 4000 card any day over FCP. Thanks again to Tony for this incredible opportunity to work this fast for so little $$$$!!!!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back