Contribute
Register

Final Cut Pro users here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
basil_555 said:
Hello. I'm unable to use RT playback in FC. Whenever I start playing my video, I receive a message about dropped frames and during playback I only see the frame from which the playback started, and then, when I stop the payback, it shows me the frame, where the playback ended. In other words, the viewer and the canvas windows do not update during playback. It looks like FC does not use all the CPU power of my Core i7. Same problem with Compressor. It is strange, because all other MAC OS software run very well, although I haven't had a chance to test each and every program. I run MAC OS and FC off external USB 2.0 drive. Could this be a problem? Or maybe something else? Thank you for your advices!

Hi Basil,

Yes running off a USB2.0 drive could be a bottle neck. What file format are you trying to edit? Whats the bitrate of your footage? Is it HD? What is the frame rate?

Tell me a bit about the content you are trying to edit and I can guide you to achieve real time playback.

John

Hello jreeve,

My first clip is Mpeg-4 movie, 405 kbps, 320x240, 24 fps. Duration: 4 minutes 23 seconds.
The second clip is Mpeg-4 movie, 8800 kbps, 1280x720, 29 fps. Duration: 32 secs

Actually, I just loaded these clips into FC to see if it will work at all, but, strangely, it didn't even with the first clip.

Been using FCP 6 (with all latest updates installed) on my hack since the last 6 months and I couldn't be happier. The thing runs FCP much better than what my institutes 2x2.4 GHz Dual Core Xeons can (2Gb RAM & 7300gt being their main bottleneck) plus I can practice the art of editing all I want & that too in the comfort of my home.

I was wondering if anyone is having audio sync problems. My Final Cut Pro 7 works perfect except for this one thing, the audio is always a little off ( behind the video). I will fix it and it plays fine, then when i stop it and play it back again it's off. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance..

Hi guys,

First post here. Thanks for all the useful finds!

Can anyone confirm that a Decklink HD Extreme (or any other Decklink card for that matter) works 'OOB' in a Hack? I have one living in my MacPro 1.1 and I'm thinking about transferring it to the Hack.

I recently build my first and had some trouble at first to get the GPU working (Sapphire 6870 took some tweaking in order to get dual monitors running with QE/CI enabled, thanks to a modified Ati6000Controller.kext found on tonymacx86 HDMI and DP fired up), seems to run smooth as butter on 10.7.2 now tho.

I don't want to 'break' anything by installing the Decklink drivers. I'm 99% convinced it will work, just want to be 'sure'.

Thanks in advance!

Benjah, any resolution to this issue?
I am thinking of getting a decklink card for my system.

@Verangian

No answers yet bro, I registered at RedUsers forums to get a clear answer on the matter.
Will let you know as soon as I get a reply.

/edit

'Good news'

I have a day off, so I just gave it a try. Spirit of Adventure ;)
Unscrewed my Decklink HD Extreme 2 from the MacPro 1.1 and installed it in the lower (blue) PCI slot of my X58A-UD3R. Downloaded the driver/softwarepackage from BlackMagic-Design and installed (fingers crossed)

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/media/ ... sh_9.0.zip

Bit of the usual signal jitter after fiddling with the controlpanel after install et voila, it showed up.

I don't have a version or license of FCP available here atm, so hope you can bare with me on that.
So I'm not quite sure on framedrops/audioissues etc etc yet.
However, After Effects gives a crispy clean preview on my JVC studiomonitor.
To cut a long story short: DeckLink works OOB in a Hack 10.7.2 (Your milage may vary on other configs than mine ofc. ;))

All of this makes sense in a way because BlackMagic-Design offers the same card for Win/OS X. In other words: There's no platform depended card.

Hope to have been of any help.

that was indeed. I have the same card in my MacPro 1,1

I may have to upgrade the card for HDMI i/o however.

Next week i 'll get a decklink extreme hd 3d, the card with you probe is that because i have the same mother.
If I understand you connect the decklink extreme hd pci express card x4 in the last slot x16(x8) and work fine???
I need to know because i need test the decklink card, i 'll buy it used and i have to prove it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back