My config is the following:

CPU: i9-9900 k - Overclocked to 4.9 GHZ
Ram: 64 GB
GPU: Powercolor 6800 xt
Motherboard: Aorus Z390 master
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus
Cooling: Noctua Nh-d15

I make 142 000 metal test score.

I was previously with AsRock RX 580 and I can't find a major update after the 6800 xt upgrade.

The render time is a bit short but not much.

I've just updated O.C. to 0.8.0 and I'm running the Monterey 12.3.1.

However the pc is still struggling when I import a 4k compressed video on my timeline.

The old M1 Mac mini in my office is handling them much better.

I've read that there is not GPU overclock on Hackintosh.

Can someone check my config and tell me if there is some kind of optimization that could help my PC run faster.

I render 18 min. 4k30 fps video for about 30-40 minutes which is not good.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Aren't there any suggestions?

I had a look at your EFI and would make the following comments:
  1. You seem to be missing the SSDT-No-CNVW.aml table from your setup, which is commonly used on Z390 motherboards to disable the CNVI connector that the original Intel WiFi/BT card used. I am assuming you have either disabled the Intel card in the bios or physically removed it. As you are using AirportBrcmFixup.kext, which only works for a Broadcom WiFi/BT card.
  2. You are missing HfsPlus.efi driver from your /EFI/OC/Drivers folder and the corresponding entry in your config.plist. This is normally an essential driver for OC, HfsPlus.efi or the slower OpenHfsPlus.efi driver should be added to your OC setup.
  3. You are using 'shikigva=80' boot argument. This boot argument stopped being functional with the release of Big Sur, according to the Acidanthera WEG FAQ Chart - FAQ.Chart.md.
  4. You would probably be better served removing the shikigva boot argument and using the following DRM Override commands, shown in bold+italics (applied using Terminal):
    • defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean yes forces AMD DRM decoder for streaming services (like Apple TV and iTunes movie streaming)
    • defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDAVCDecode -boolean yes forces AMD AVC accelerated decoder
    • defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDAVCEncode -boolean yes forces AMD AVC accelerated encoder
    • defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDHEVCDecode -boolean yes forces AMD HEVC accelerated decoder
    • defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA disableGVAEncryption -string YES forces AMD HEVC accelerated decoder
  5. Your config.plist is a bit of a mess. With sections and individual entries moved around and not in their normal position, when compared to the OC 0.8.0 Sample.plist. May not mean anything when you boot but I mention it just so you are aware of the issue.
  6. You have a couple of unnecessary entries alongside the IGPU's Headless/empty framebuffer, i.e. framebuffer-patch-enable and framebuffer-stolenmem. Again not a big issue but something that should be noted.
  7. You have a Device Property entry for PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3). I am not sure what device this is, as it is not the expected Device Name/Address for the built-in Realtek Audio Codec. You seem to be using AppleALC.kext boot entries with the device property, i.e. layout-id=1.
  8. You have AirportBrcmFixup.kext as part of your OC setup. With the release of Monterey the AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext, which is located within AirportBrcmFixup/Contents/Plugins folder, has been non functional and one of the following options should be used.
    1. Remove/delete the injector kext from the Plugins folder,
    2. Set the injector kext so it isn't injected when Monterey boots, i.e. set MaxKernel=20.99.99 for the kext, or
    3. Disable the injector kext in the config.plist, i.e. Enabled=False.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply.

After reading your remarks I can now report the following update.

1. I've added HfsPlus.efi

2. I've removed shikigva=80 boot argument.

3. I've executed the commands you've mentioned. I suppose this is a lifetime execution, right?

4. The framebuffer-patch-enable and framebuffer-stolenmem properties I've included because of the the guideline: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/coffee-lake.html#booter

5. With the following entry: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3) I get audio, when using PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0) I don't have. I remember that initiating the audio was quite a struggle when I started
and probably alctsel=1 was one of the things I read to fix the issue, now this property is gone as per your suggestion.

6. I'm using OCC Compare when updating my OpenCore and as I see there aren't any missing properties or unnecessary. If you could guide me with other tool that could clean my config.plist better I'll be very happy.

7. I haven't disabled my motherboard WiFi and BlueTooth from the BIOS, I'm using the AirportBrcmFixup.kext for my external WiFi card. I could give a try but as I'm having internet I didn't realize there could be an issue.

I really appreciate your comments.

I'm again uploading my EFI for any further suggestions.

So far I see a huge improvement when importing 4k compressed videos, better playback and smoother effects :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 23.45.40.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 23.45.40.png
    309.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 23.42.18.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 23.42.18.png
    238 KB · Views: 50
  • EFI.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
The IGPU framebuffer in the 1st image above is for an IGPU that drives a display. If you are using the RX580 to drive your display(s) then this framebuffer is wrong.

The one you had previously was correct, as it was for a Headless/Empty framebuffer that doesn't drive a display, i.e. AAPL,ig-platform-id = 0300913E.

You just don't need to use the other two framebuffer entries with a Headless setup, as stated by the DeviceProperties section in the Coffee Lake OC guide. See below for screenshot of specific instruction.

Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 22.09.32.png

After implementing the changes you made to your system did you do the following:
  • Clear Nvram and Reboot the system, by using the ResetNvram.efi tool on the OC boot screen?
I would recommend you use this tool whenever you make any changes to your OC setup. So that old NVRAM settings are removed and the new ones are applied, before you boot back in to macOS.

The tool may be hidden when you use OC. If you press the 'Spacebar' then any hidden tools and icons should be shown in the Picker List or on the OC GUI.

Your Intel WiFi and Bluetooth can clash with the Broadcom WiFI and BT. Especially the BT. I helped a number of people set up their Z390 systems a few years ago, and nearly all of them ended up removing the Intel card. But only when they were competent to do so, without damaging the connector or other motherboard parts.

Assuming you have Hackintool installed on your system, can you do the following:
  1. Navigate to the PCIe tab.
  2. Select the Export icon, highlighted in screenshot below.
    • Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 23.10.58.png Hackintool > PCIe tab, Export tool highlighted
  3. Compress and attach a copy of the PCIeDevices.txt file, so I can see the IOREG and ACPI addresses/names for the devices in your system.
This will give me a better idea as to which device is being set by PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3) and where your CNVW device is connected. As the SSDT required to disable the CNVI connector needs to be set correctly and your board might have a different ACPI address when compared to the SSDT I have to hand. I don't want to provide you with an SSDT that is set incorrectly.

Just so you know the CNVI connector has a USB port attached, to serve the Bluetooth module, which should be disabled if it is not being used. It is usually Port HS14, which you have included and enabled in your USBPorts.kext, see screenshot below.

Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 23.19.29.png

You don't have a comment set for Port HS14, as it was probably showing as Active in Hackintool, when you were undertaking the USB port discovery phase for your system. All you probably knew was the port was showing as being active, but not what it was activating. This is not uncommon.

Hope this all makes sense and is helpful.

I don't have any personal experience with it, but you can try adding the "igfxrpsc=1" (without the quotes) boot-arg to see if it helps.

I hade previously help for the USB mapping was done from a forum guy a long time ago.

I cannot remove the Intel card, because I'm using it on my Windows OS.

I've done ResetNVRAM.efi but not between the audio device change path.

Also, currently I'm using 6800xt, and the RX580 is now gone from my configuration.

I've uploaded the report from Hackintool.

Attachments

• pcidevices.txt
    6.1 KB · Views: 47
  • pcidevices.txt.zip
    2 KB · Views: 40
If you are using an RX6800 in place of the RX580, then you need to update your User Profile details so people know which main components you are using.

The RX580 doesn’t require any boot arguments or additional settings, the RX6800 needs the agdpmod=pikera boot argument to work correctly in macOS.

I will have a look at your PCIe device file later as I am currently using an iPad.

I've begun the topic with my latest configuration, but I'll update my profile :)

And in my boor-arguments I'm using agdpmod=pikera

Thanks for the help in advance.

I really appreciate it.

So you understand what the boot argument @pastrychef suggested does, here is the explanation from the WEG Github page.
  • igfxrpsc=1 boot argument (rps-control property) to enable RPS control patch (improves IGPU performance).
This may help with the graphics work you are undertaking.

Device Path PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3) is correct for your Audio device. With the removal of the other property from your config.plist does it affect the way your built-in audio works?

I think you need to disable the CNVW connector and Intel Wifi/BT card when running macOS. I have attached a copy of the SSDT-Disable-CNVW.aml for you to use. It should only work when macOS is running, so you can continue to use the Intel Wifi/BT as you were. See if that helps.

I have made a number of changes to your config.plist, as follows:
  1. Added SSDT-Disable-CNVW.aml to the /EFI/OC/APCI folder and ACPI section of the config.
    • Screenshot 2022-04-24 at 18.30.52.png revised /EFI/OC/ACPI folder contents
    • Screenshot 2022-04-24 at 18.30.34.png revise dACPI section in config.plist
  2. Removed AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext from the config.plist and from the version of AirportBrcmFixup.kext in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder. As this is not needed or usable in anything newer than Catalina.
    • Screenshot 2022-04-24 at 18.28.53.png current Plugins folder
    • Screenshot 2022-04-24 at 18.28.43.png revised Plugins folder
  3. Rearranged the various section entries so they are now in alphabetical order to match the Sample.plist ( I know my OCD is getting the better of me!).
  4. Removed a number of unnecessary placeholder entries to make the plist easier to navigate and read.
Can you try the revised EFI attached, see if it makes any difference. Obviously you need to add your PlatformInfo data to the config.plist for it to work.

Attachments

• EFI-v1.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back