Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z370 SLI PLUS
CPU
i5 8600K
Graphics
Strix RX580 8GB - GTX1070
Hi guys wanting to build a new Hackintosh Pc , i would like to use it for FCPX -

Any recommendations for a good quality build that will be easy to install and be reliable ?

open to any options and don't really have a budget so if you guys have done builds or know of ones that are compatible with high sierra and mojave please post - would be awesome if someone had kexts, plist etc for the exact build they have done to make it easier for me thanks !!

:crazy::beachball:

EDIT - It is to EDIT 4K Files in Final Cut Pro x and would like 16GB Ram Minimum Happy to go with AMD or Nvidia whichever works better, Any generation cpu is fine also I'm really open to any builds just want a good machine ( no size constraints)

Last edited:
Have you checked the Buyer's Guide and the Golden Builds sub-forum?

Have you checked the Buyer's Guide and the Golden Builds sub-forum?
hi thanks for the reply , Yes i have looked but still unsure, if i buy all the parts listed as compatible id still need help to get drivers,kexts,plists to get all the computer working ! cheers

hi thanks for the reply , Yes i have looked but still unsure, if i buy all the parts listed as compatible id still need help to get drivers,kexts,plists to get all the computer working ! cheers

Got ya. Still for that the "Golden Builds" is the way to go since usually it has very good instruction for each build.
If you can't find what you need there, you will spend hours, days, weeks, months figure things out :))). Just like me and others who are still deciding on their first build. And be more specific on your needs/ questions will make it easier for the gurus to help.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I would find a Golden Build, too, that would fit best your needs.
It makes it a lot easier if you have a step by step guide with explanations on which kexts and other stuff to use to make it work.

You will have to make a choice if you go for a workstation build with Xeon processors ( challenging to get running ) or more of a CustoMac with a Intel 8700k ( a lot easier ) for example.

AMD graphic cards are easier to get running because of their native support but that doesn't mean that Nvidia Cards don't work. You'll just need to install separate drivers.

When you pick your motherboard think about your peripherals too. If you will need Thunderbolt 3 ( if you have a NAS or special dock that you need) make sure the motherboard supports it and you'll probably need to find an extra card for TB3.

Go for a NVME PCIe SSD as your Boot Drive. They are way faster than the normal SSD Data Drives.

Check the Golden Builds with a 8700k and then check the motherboards they use. Once you find a good fit for you, it shouldn't be difficult to get it running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back