Contribute
Register

Final Cut Pro Crashing (Graphics card problem?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
Intel i5 3570
Graphics
560ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I ended up reinstalling the OS and NOT using any of the NVIDIA drivers (just used the included stock ones in OS X).
Works great now.

Maybe try that?

Problem is, i never installed any other driver. I just set up the system last week, so it´s really fresh. First thing installed was FCP, because that was the main reason for me setting up a hackintosh. It works great, but slow, on my macbook Air but it crashs nearly all the times on my hackintosh.

I recognized that it happened the most time after I entered some overlay text and tried to change that text.

Motherboard
Mac Leopard 10.7.4
CPU
3.2 Intel Core i7
Graphics
NVidia Quadro 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am having the same problem.... typically on the transitions and titles.... or effects.... This is KILLING me too, I hated Lion, so I hate to go back, but maybe somehow Tony can get a look at this and see if its just a REINATALL of the os... but something tells me it's more than that!

Quadro 4000 MAC

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5H TH
CPU
Intel i7-3770K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I actually gave up on it because it was driving me so crazy. I ended up switching to Premier Pro and I must say I like it a lot more. Quicker, more user friendly, and doesn't crash every 10 seconds.

Motherboard
Asus Rampage Gene IV
CPU
i7-4930K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti/Asus GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Try to create another user in system (System Preferences->Users and groups). It can happen even on real macs and not only with Final Cut Pro. This problem can arise in any other software for editing like Adobe Premiere or Logic Pro or Studio One. Solved for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.