Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently upgraded my 970 to Sapphire Pulse RX580 and faced some problems. Prerender in FCPX is glitchy, full of graphical artifacts and I'm unable to export the project, it always says Share Filed. Also I thought that performance in FCPX should be better with RX 580 card.

P.S. Also when I'm watching YouTube and changing full screen/window I see artifacts on video for 2-3 seconds.

FCPX: 10.4.1

Any idea?

Same issue here!

Same issue! :(

What iMac SMBIOS are you guys using?

Use iMac 18,3 and drop nVidiaGraphicFixup in your kext folder (to enable secondary display). Do not use WhateverGreen with 10.13.4

Also if you have an iGPU, enable it in the BIOS and use "Auto" for GPU selection. Increase RAM to 64MB for iGPU in the BIOS as well and enable "Multi-monitor" if you use ASUS.

What iMac SMBIOS are you guys using?

Use iMac 18,3 and drop nVidiaGraphicFixup in your kext folder (to enable secondary display). Do not use WhateverGreen with 10.13.4

Also if you have an iGPU, enable it in the BIOS and use "Auto" for GPU selection. Increase RAM to 64MB for iGPU in the BIOS as well and enable "Multi-monitor" if you use ASUS.

That kext doesn't work for me unfortunately :(

That kext doesn't work for me unfortunately :(

Start your bootup with the kext. The nVidia kext allows secondary DP ports to work on AMD (even though it says nVidia) it still works fine.

I have a secondary system with an RX560 (see specs in signature) and I have set it up this way and FCPX works fine. But I'm mostly an Adobe person in general.

I recently upgraded my 970 to Sapphire Pulse RX580 and faced some problems. Prerender in FCPX is glitchy, full of graphical artifacts. and I'm unable to export the project, it always says Share Filed. Also, I thought that performance in FCPX should be better with RX 580 card.

P.S. Also when I'm watching YouTube and changing full screen/window I see artifacts on video for 2-3 seconds.

FCPX: 10.4.1

Any idea?

Same problem , I downgrade version final cut pro x and resolve problems.

try FCPX 10.3.4 fix problem RX580 for me.

see video

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back