AppleKeyAggregator-64​
DataHibDxe-64​
ApfsDriverLoader-64​
AppleImageLoader-64​
AptioMemoryFix-64​
NvmExpressDxe-64​
PartitionDxe-64​
HFSPlus-64​

You can put them all in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

Personally, I never had any luck with any of the FileVault drivers included with the Clover installer on my laptop. I did have success with AsAmiShim.efi but it has been quite some time since I've used it (I think since High Sierra).

If you want to try, remove all the FileVault stuff installed by the Clover install and put AsAmiShim.efi in to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

As always, make sure you have backups of your current, working EFI folder and system drive.

Attachments

• AsAmiShim.efi.zip
    11.9 KB · Views: 196
You can put them all in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

Personally, I never had any luck with any of the FileVault drivers included with the Clover installer on my laptop. I did have success with AsAmiShim.efi but it has been quite some time since I've used it (I think since High Sierra).

If you want to try, remove all the FileVault stuff installed by the Clover install and put AsAmiShim.efi in to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

As always, make sure you have backups of your current, working EFI folder and system drive.

Looks like the only driver there used by FV is: AppleKeyAggregator-64 which I installed earlier prior to turning on FV.

I am re-encrypting now and wil test with those kexts removed first. If still not working I will try with your driver.

It still doesn't make sense why I couldn't get to the FV login screen in the first place though if it was just related to a mouse/kb driver...

Thanks for your help thus far!

Same issue... After removing kext...

Attachments

• F8A39B43-71EC-442E-A696-3B88BECD2F99.jpeg
    F8A39B43-71EC-442E-A696-3B88BECD2F99.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 195
Things got pretty bleak there for a minute. I downloaded a new version of clover, copied the config, DSDT, kext etc from the old one to new and I couldn’t see any partitions at the clover boot. I realized I was missing APFS drivers so I installed all those.... magically worked..... all in all I don’t know what driver was missing so yea...

Thankyou!

Things got pretty bleak there for a minute. I downloaded a new version of clover, copied the config, DSDT, kext etc from the old one to new and I couldn’t see any partitions at the clover boot. I realized I was missing APFS drivers so I installed all those.... magically worked..... all in all I don’t know what driver was missing so yea...

Thankyou!

All I can tell you is what has worked for me... On my Z370 build, the following from the Clover installer enabled FileVault for me:
Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 9.58.52 PM.png

On my laptop, the same drivers prevented booting. However, just using the AsAmiShim.efi file did work.

I notice that it takes a bit longer to get to the login screen during which there is the apple logo on the screen.. I tried with -v but there was no output during that time until I hot the login screen, is this normal? Im running on SSD.

I notice that it takes a bit longer to get to the login screen during which there is the apple logo on the screen.. I tried with -v but there was no output during that time until I hot the login screen, is this normal? Im running on SSD.

To be very honest, I don't remember if using FileVault delayed the Apple logo from appearing.

Besides that, is FileVault working correctly for you now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back