Contribute
Register

FileVault and Sierra guide for noobs like me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already enabled Firevault and at the login I cannot type my password. Could someone tell me what to do? How can I use the drivers since I cannot boot the system?

Is there a specific driver for a bluetooth apple mouse? I have filevault enabled and I've installed the UsbkbDxe for the keyboard & I've also installed AptioInputFix but with no joy. UsbMouseDxe is also installed as I had to use a wired mouse just for the login but I'd rather use the bluetooth instead of constantly switching.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 13.41.34.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 13.41.34.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 228
Anyone here have tried updating to Mojave beta with filevault enabled?

Anyone here have tried updating to Mojave beta with filevault enabled?
I have i've tried to update drivers64uefi with the latest one and it doesn't work. However, it will work using my old setup.efi files (see screen shots) even though some of them were instructed to be removed from the insanelymac guide.

VF2 significantly slows down my boot process since i have to wait 5-10 seconds before I can type my password then it will boot in. So I decided to just decrypt the disk now. I am thinking once i finish decrypting then I will try to update my drivers64UEFI with the latest one then try to encrypt again to see if there's any performance improvement.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 10.11.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 10.11.56 PM.png
    97.9 KB · Views: 152
Really interested to know if FileVault 2 works on macOS Mojave with no issues...

Really interested to know if FileVault 2 works on macOS Mojave with no issues...
I have a clone of my setup on an external disk, with FV2 enabled. Works.

As a safety measure, you might make sure you could access another macOS machine in case your machine breaks, to still have access to your data.

I have a clone of my setup on an external disk, with FV2 enabled. Works.

As a safety measure, you might make sure you could access another macOS machine in case your machine breaks, to still have access to your data.

Thnx for the response...

The first part of your statement confused me slightly. For clarification, you are saying your hackintosh has FV2 enabled running Mojave but "just in case" you also happen to have a clone image of your setup on an external device correct?

It sounded like it was the external disk that is enabled with FV2...

Last edited:
It sounded like it was the external disk that is enabled with FV2...
That's correct. I tested it and it works fine.
I have not yet FV'ed the internal drive because I'd be hard pressed to get at another mac if the machine breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back