Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z370M-ITX/ac
CPU
Intel i5 8400
Graphics
Intel
Hello,

yesterday I decided to enable Filevault on my 10.15 hackingtosh. Got all the needed kexts and started testing on an external installation.
macOS decyrpted all data and after this I restarted the pc. So my problem:
Clover bootmenu shows up. The normal "Start macos from disk" was removed. I selected preloader. The apple logo appeared without a loading bar. At the moment I thought it didn't work the password prompt shows up. But from clover bootmenu to passwort promt takes around 5 minutes. After login everything is working like charm.
So what is preloader doing all the time? Next try was with verbose enabled, same long time and the verbose output started badly after login.
Does anybody know why it takes so long? Is it possible to log what is happend in the time between Clover and password prompt?

Thx

I have this same issue too. Even using latest clover takes a long time. Most of it is spent on the apple logo immediately after selecting FileVault prebooter from Clover. Everything works but 10.15 takes way more time than 10.14.

Did you find anything as to why this is the case?

Got these files.

For those reading this thread, the above mentioned files will be found here - https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleSupportPkg/releases/tag/2.0.9

Versions of AppleSupportPkg >2.0.9 removed these files since OpenCore includes them.

Now I'm wondering if I should start transitioning to OpenCore and ditch Clover altogether.

I haven't tested this yet since I'm busy debugging USB issues for now.

Update -

This solution works. My Hackintosh no longer stays at the Apple logo for an inordinate amount of time before proceeding to the password input. The boot times are now similar between non-filevault and filevault installations.

Thanks to ludufre for the solution!

Worked for me as well. Used the above link for AppleGenericInput.efi and AppleUiSupport.efi, and got VirtualSMC from github (https://github.com/acidanthera/VirtualSMC/releases).

Basically remove:

AppleImageCodec.efi
AppleImageLoader.efi
AppleKeyAggregator.efi
AppleUITheme.efi
AptioInputFix.efi
Ps2MouseDxe.efi
FirmwareVolume.efi
SMCHelper.efi

And add:

AppleGenericInput.efi
AppleUiSupport.efi
VirtualSmc.efi

Of course, replace FakeSMC kexts with VirtualSMC kexts.

Worked for me as well. Used the above link for AppleGenericInput.efi and AppleUiSupport.efi, and got VirtualSMC from github (https://github.com/acidanthera/VirtualSMC/releases).
This solution worked for me too. Thank you to everyone who helped me piece together FileVault 2 functionality.

To clarify, when using the 3 files listed below with Catalina, I did not need to use any additional drivers for my Apple USB keyboard. I had to switch from FakeSMC to VirtualSMC, but that was straightforward and did not cause any issues.

AppleGenericInput.efi
AppleUiSupport.efi
VirtualSmc.efi

Is it works with APFS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back