1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
FileNVRAM Modded for Yosemite
Fix iMessage using Chameleon/Chimera

FileNVRAM by xZenue LLC is a Chameleon/Chimera module which allows iMessage to work with legacy bootloaders. Version 1.1.3 was released in late 2012. This version does not work with OS X Yosemite. The source code for 1.1.4, a cleaned up version, was released by Meklort, but still does not work at as is. After a long delay since that release, he has restarted development, but again his latest revision is not working.

SJ_Underwater started with the original 1.1.4 code and cleaned it up to produce a version that works. This work is unrelated to the new development by Meklort but has been submitted to him for inclusion into his source.

Unlike earlier versions of OS X, this version of FileNVRAM requires both the FileNVRAM.dylib module and the FileNVRAM.kext to work with Yosemite. The dylib is installed to /Extra/modules/ and the kext is installed to /System/Library/Extensions. nvram commands are issued via Terminal, and will be saved upon reboot.

NOTE: This solution does not generate MLB and ROM values which are required for iMessage to work. Some users are reporting that using the values from their Apple computer does allow for their non-Apple computer to work with iMessage. Be aware that at any time Apple can and may block or blacklist your Apple computer as iMessage Activation issues are ongoing, unpredictable, and subject to change.

This site does not condone the sharing or use of values from systems that the user/poster does not own. Any sharing or discussion of sharing of valid MLB and ROM values from systems that the poster does not own will result in a suspension.

Credit:

Meklort of xZenue LLC. Copyright © 2014 xZenue LLC. All rights reserved.

Source:
Rev 3
https://public.xzenue.com/websvn/li...rev=3&peg=3#a0b40758157c8f16fa703ca3be466fa8a

Fixed Source:
Changes by SJ_Underwater. Bug reports submitted to Meklort.
https://public.xzenue.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=24
https://public.xzenue.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=25

Related information:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

Download:
The files provided here for are for testing purposes only.

Attachments

• nvram.zip
    33.7 KB · Views: 14,517
EDIT 2015: THE USE OF CLONED VALUES IS NOT RECOMMENDED.

Today I was able to sign into iMessage using Chimera and FileNVRAM. I will document the steps I took to do this. Credit for working iMessage goes to Meklort, SJ_Underwater for modifying the new FileNVRAM and jaymonkey for his continued testing, previous solutions and reporting on this issue.

I made a clean install on my Z87X-OC using UniBeast and MultiBeast available in the Downloads section of the forum. Once the installation completed I made sure that my system was not connected to the internet. Made sure I was using the correct System Definition for my hardware and DID NOT attempt to log my account with Apple servers, no iCloud, nothing.

What You Need
  • A clean installation or one that that hasn't connected to Apple Servers in anyway.
  • A genuine Mac of your own. Do not use anyone else's values. This may cause serious conflict issues with genuine accounts, and possibly blacklist your genuine hardware.
  • iMessage Debug for obtaining MLB and ROM values View attachment imessage_debug.zip.
  • FileNVRAM.kext and FileNVRAM.dylib (Post#1)
  • Being confident to use Terminal.
How To
Once you have your system stable with the correct System Definition. I installed iMac 14,2 with MultiBeast. Use a unique Serial Number, not a real Mac's Serial Number. If you have any older versions of FileNVRAM installed. You must delete the Kext along with the previously created plist, empty trash. A new one will be created once you've follow the next steps.

1. Place FileNVRAM.kext on the desktop. Download KextBeast and run it to install FileNVRAM.kext to /S/L/E. Manually place FileNVRAM.dylib in the modules folder located in /Extra.

2. On your Mac run iMessage Debug and make a note of the MLB and ROM values only, or take a screen shot. You will need these values in Terminal.

3. Open Terminal located in Applications>Utilities and write to FileNVRAM with the values from your Mac as described for example below.

4. To store the MLB value, use the following command example:
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB=[B]Your_MLB_value_goes_here[/B][/COLOR]

5. To store the ROM value, use the following command example:
(NOTE: you need to put % in front of each 2 byte pair of the ROM value, i.e. %nn%nn%nn%nn%nn%nn)

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=[/COLOR][B][COLOR=#000000]Your_ROM_value_goes_here[/COLOR][/B]

6. Now run iMessage debug and make sure these values are correct and installed within NVRAM.

7. Restart your system and run iMessage debug again to verify the values. If the values are correct, it's time to log into iMessage.

FileNVRAM Modded for Yosemite - Fix iMessage for Chameleon/Chimera

Any posts describing or advocating using information from a real Mac that the poster doesn't own to solve this issue will result in the post being removed and a suspension of the posters account.

Any and all iMessage comments, replies, and discussion should be posted in the general iMessage thread. That post will always be updated with the latest information on any current issues.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back