Contribute
Register

File server, HTPC, or NAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he just want to be able to sit down and browse his collection on his ATV like I do with no need for any other device except his ATV remote. Even with and iPad or iPhone where r u getting the videos from? Do you store them on your iDevice?

My video collection is over 6TB so that would be some killer iDevice lol

Just as a side note, ATV does not work with a NAS sorry it has no way of even seeing them.

6TB!!!! Good God man. t*****t much?o_O

Yes my stuff is on my phone and iPad. It's a 32GB 4S and a 64GB iPad. They have all my music on it them, but I manually manage movies and shows to save space. I'll usually load it with a few seasons of shows or 5 or 6 movies and when I want to change it up, the next time I'm on the computer I just take off what I've watched and load more on it. Everything else I stream. HBO go, netflix, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I have not one downloaded movie and kinda resent you saying that, I fell like your accusing me of piracy when most people know how much I am against that in any form. I own over 200+ DVDs and 80+ BDs, I rip them to my collection for easier viewing.

Actually I have not one downloaded movie and kinda resent you saying that, I fell like your accusing me of piracy when most people know how much I am against that in any form. I own over 200+ DVDs and 80+ BDs, I rip them to my collection for easier viewing.

Sorry man didn't mean to offend. I'm against it myself too. I'm soon to reach the 1TB mark soon and added up everything I've bought since 2007 and it was shocking. If only that was toward my retirement plan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back