5. iMac
  6. Power Mac
  7. PowerBook
  8. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi there!

My name is FezClone, and I was recently gifted a PowerMac G5 from around 2003. I turned it on and.... Nothing. It was $20 though. So, with an extremely heavy paperweight, I thought to myself.. I could make this a stupidly cool case. A complete overkill monstrosity of a build. So this is my plan for the foreseeable future of the case modification.

First thing is first, I will need to gut the G5 entirely as usual. This means Motherboard, both CPU's, RAM and Heatsink. Everything is so darn finicky but I will be able to do it. The power supply, however, ill be using to mount 4 SSD's on top of it to use it as a showcase of all 2 terrabytes of stupidly fast speeds.
Two GTX 980Ti's in SLI will be placed along with a MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard, and an Intel Xeon E3 1241 V3 Processor. All will be cooled with a NZXT™ Kraken water cooler. 32GB of DDR3 Ram will tag along as well. Quad Booting OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Windows 10, Ubuntu and OS X Snow Leopard. Top it all off with a 4tb HDD, and we are looking at overkill nonetheless.
Should have progress up soon.

Regards,
FezClone.

I don't think Nvidia SLI is supported under OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back