1. 512K
  2. iMac
  3. Performa
  4. Power Mac
  5. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Windows Phone
I installed a TB3 card and have to move things around inside my build to accomodate the new card. I moved my Fenvi card from one slot to another and now the Wifi no longer works. I see Wifi in my network prefs, but when I go to turn it on nothing happens. This card has BT has well, and that appears to be working fine.

It was all working before I physically moved the cards, so how can I get Wifi to work again w/o moving the cards back?

TIA

Edit: I went to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and removed NetworkInterfaces.plist and preferences.plist and rebooted and Wifi is no longer in my network prefs as I would expect.

Last edited:
Spend the better part of 4 hours trouble shooting this and put all the hardware back to the original positions where all was working.

Here are my findings. Use the attached diagram of my Z170MX to help visualize:

Originally I had a Nvidia 750 (in PCIEX8) which is wide and covers PCIEX4 & the Fenvi card (in PCIEX 1_1) and wanted to add a TB 3 expansion card.

The Thunderbolt card only works in PPCIEX4 which meant moving my 750 to PCIEX16. But doing so means it covers the PCIEX1_1 slot which apparently the only place the Fenvi cards will properly work.

Bottom line keep sizes in mind when specing out your machine. This is a real drag :(

Untitled.png

My question is, does anyone know of a way to make the Fenvi 919 work if it is NOT in the X1 slot but in another (e.g. the X8)?

Same mobo here as OneInfiniteLoop, and my GFX cards blocks the X1 slot. Moving the gfx card to another slot doesn't seem like an acceptable solution because it really should be in the fastest slot, i.e. the X16.

My question is, does anyone know of a way to make the Fenvi 919 work if it is NOT in the X1 slot but in another (e.g. the X8)?

Same mobo here as OneInfiniteLoop, and my GFX cards blocks the X1 slot. Moving the gfx card to another slot doesn't seem like an acceptable solution because it really should be in the fastest slot, i.e. the X16.

The card should work fine in both slots x1 or x8 slot. Ive got one these Fanvi Adaptors it works fine with one board but doesn't with another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back