Motherboard
ASUS z270-a
CPU
Intel Gen 7 i5
Graphics
ASUS GeForce GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi guys! I had a fully functional Hackintosh with a fenvi wifi/bluetooth card installed and working fine. I updated from High Sierra to Catalina today and now my machine will no longer connect to wifi. The wifi icon is grayed out in the status bar and not available as a network service in the Network system settings. Bluetooth does work fine as before.

Any help would be appreciated!

I updated from High Sierra to Catalina today and now my machine will no longer connect to wifi.

ASUS GeForce GTX 1060
Your graphics card won't work either.

Your graphics card won't work either.

Yes! Just purchased an Asus Radeon rx580 Strix but that will be a whole other thread!

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.
Sorry... Not sure to what you are referring. My profile is completed as per the rules...

Desktop profile field recommendations:

• Motherboard: limited to manufacturer, model, UEFI/BIOS version and boot loader separated by "-", i.e. ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming - 1002 - Clover UEFI or Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH - F6.
  • CPU: limited to model number and clock speed if over-clocked, i.e. i7-8700 or i7-8700K OC 4.5 GHz.
  • Graphics: limited to model, i.e. GTX 1070, R9 570, HD 4000, HD 630 or GTX 1060 / HD 630.

Your GTX 1060 will not work in Catalina and your previous post said that you "Just purchased an Asus Radeon rx580 Strix".

Are you saying that you are attempting to run Catalina using your GTX 1060 ?

Oh gotcha. I haven't installed the new Radeon card yet but am also not using the GTX. Just using the onboard iGPU which I think is Intel.

Does the GPU affect the Wifi card??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back