Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Fenvi-T919 WiFi not working only Bluetooth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it sounded like a stupid question, but you might be surprised how many people didn't try installing the drivers.

Does it appear in the Device Manager as a device under 'Other devices', with a yellow triangle?

Did you try it in the other PCIe x16 slot, second slot from the bottom of the motherboard? As there might be an issue with the x1 slot located above the dGPU.

I know it sounded like a stupid question, but you might be surprised how many people didn't try installing the drivers.

Does it appear in the Device Manager as a device under 'Other devices', with a yellow triangle?

Did you try it in the other PCIe x16 slot, second slot from the bottom of the motherboard? As there might be an issue with the x1 slot located above the dGPU.

Yes. No device under 'Other devices', with a yellow triangle.

Before, there was just a device under 'Other devices', with a yellow triangle, which is for Bluetooth (before installing the driver)

Yes, I tried the two PCIe ports on my motherboard. but the same problem

Isn't it strange that it is damaged after only three months of use?

I contacted their support regarding whether there is a guarantee or compensation, but I did not receive any response from them

It should be under Warrantee if the card is only 3-months old, usually they come with 12-month Warrantee.

Where did you purchase the card, directly from Fenvi or an online retailer?

It should be under Warrantee if the card is only 3-months old, usually they come with 12-month Warrantee.

Where did you purchase the card, directly from Fenvi or an online retailer?

I bought it from fenvi Official Store on aliexpress.com

I am still waiting for a response or clarification from them regarding the warranty

Questions.
  1. Which version of macOS are you using, Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey?
  2. Why are you using the iMac18,3 SMBIOS?
  3. You should be using the iMac 15,1 SMBIOS if you are running Big Sur or older.
  4. Are you using the PCIe x1 slot above or below the main x16 slot?
  5. Have you tried moving the Fenvi card to the other x1 slot?
In my Z97X-UD5H system the Broadcom WiFi card shows as follows:

View attachment 545230

View attachment 545231 View attachment 545232

Are you using Acidanthera's AirportBrcmFixup.kext in your setup?
Have you disabled the AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext if you are running macOS Big Sur? As explained in the paragraph at the base of the AirportBrcmFixup Github page. If not it can block the native kext from loading.

I noticed that my Fenvi Wifi can not be activated after I changed the order of other PCIe devices.
On Windows 10 the Wifi works fine. I swapped my RX570 graphics to the bottom PCIe X16, going up on PCIe x16_3 (grey)is the Fenvi, and going up on the PCIe X16_1 (blue) in the USB 3.0 expansion card.
Have these changed made the WiFi not working ?
THanks

Shouldn't make the WiFi not work.

I assume you changed the bios graphics settings, so PCIe x16_3 is the default graphics boot option.

I assume you don't have the WiFi card DeviceProperties entered in your config, so that macOs is looking for the WiFi on a different PCIe slot.

Actually that is something you may need to consider, once you have your WiFi card working.

That is the option for the WiFi (and Ethernet) if it is not showing correctly, being added to the DeviceProperties > Add section of your config.plist.

You would obtain the settings from Hackintool > PCIe tab, by exporting the device properties.

Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 21.21.15.png Hackintool > PCIe tab, Export icon highlighted

This will create 4 x files on your desktop, as shown below.

Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 21.25.23.png Export files highlighted

The pcidevices.plist contains the best data for your devices when using OpenCore.

The device information can be copied and pasted in to the DeviceProperties > Add section in your config.plist, as shown in the example from one of my systems below.

Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 21.21.51.png

The PCIRoot, AAPL, device_type and model entries can be found in the pcidevices.plist.

I added the 'built-in' entry (highlighted in magenta) so the WiFi card was shown as 'built-in' on the Hackintool > System > Peripherals tab, example shown below.

Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 21.30.36.png Ethernet & WiFi shown as 'built-in'

Neither network device was shown as 'built-in' prior to the config.plist entries being added, even though both worked. This fixed some issues wiht Messages and iCloud on this system.

Thanks of letting us know.

Usually it happens with hot laptops. Had one burn some up but it was the BT that stopped working both times. Its been so many years not sure if it was the same laptop on both times. But then theres the issue too of bad craftsmanship..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back