Contribute
Register

Fenvi T919 wifi back in Sonoma with OCLP

Thought I could do without AMFIPass since I don't do Plex, Firefox etc., then turned out Adguard for Safari crashes with amphi=0x80.
amphi=0x80 was a typo, please try amfi=0x80.

I had used the correct boot-arg but it did not work. AMFIPass.kext was required to get Plex to work.
Yes, it happens to other users, Plex doesn't wotk with AMFI disabled (amfi=0x80) but it does with AMFIPass.kext and -amfipassbeta. But not all users are getting the same result.

Running the AMFIPass.kext solution with the -amfipassbeta boot arg and get around 700-750 megabit (same as Ventura)

The trick for me was replacing the antennas on the Fenvi with 2 of these a few years ago (see attached pic). Bluetooth and wifi have been working amazing with these mounted behind my desk. No performance loss on Sonoma with OCLP and no app issues using the kext/ boot argument.

View attachment 572462
I might consider these, currently using the one that came with my motherboard. Are you able to airdrop something from iPhone to Hack and vice versa without being super close to the antenna?

Last edited:
I might consider these, currently using the one that came with my motherboard. Are you able to airdrop something from iPhone to Hack and vice versa without being super close to the antenna?
Yeah it works great. I’ve airdropped from across the room and it’s fine. Obviously the closer you are, the better speed you’ll get. But in terms of airdrop actually activating, these have been fantastic for years now.

Back