Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX-580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I bought the Fenvi card and it works great --- excellent build quality and nice 4 antennas on the back, worked great for WiFi. HOWEVER, I tried out the USB bluetooth on-board the Fenvi card, but even with the case off and my WiFi set to 5GHz the audio was choppy just 3 feet away (this is with the computer's case off) -- performance was horrible. So I checked online and saw that someone recommended a CSR8510 A10 chip-based USB device for Mojave. I went online and bought the Orico Bluetooth Adapter BTA-402 for $11. I used RehabMan's awesome BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and it worked like a charm on my newly built Mojave. I copied the kexts BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext into /Library/Extensions and added the kernel flags -bpr_probedelay=200 -bpr_initialdelay=400 -bpr_postresetdelay=400 in the Clover config and then fixed permissions. Audio range is great and works all throughout my house (a small house) with no drop-outs. Airdrop works great. I don't use a bluetooth mouse or keyboard so I haven't tested that. The USB dongle is on the front of the case which probably helps with the good signal since its not stuck in a back USB port. I haven't tested Handoff because I have to tweak my serial number and haven't logged into iCloud yet. The picture shows the blue light on, but of course in real life it only flashes intermittently. Anyway just passing this along to anyone looking for a USB Bluetooth.

orico-bluetooth-package.jpgorico-blue-light.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 6.27.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 6.28.08 PM.png

Please Test handoff and lets us know your progress

handoff is known not to work on this chipset i found. but i really don’t use handoff i may try to get a legit apple card later but for a quick fix this works

This happened for the first time. Never got this before. I had messages open on my phone. But doesn't show up again and doesn't mean handoff works, but just added it here anyway...

Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 9.06.39 AM.png

I bought the Fenvi card and it works great --- excellent build quality and nice 4 antennas on the back, worked great for WiFi. HOWEVER, I tried out the USB bluetooth on-board the Fenvi card, but even with the case off and my WiFi set to 5GHz the audio was choppy just 3 feet away (this is with the computer's case off) -- performance was horrible. So I checked online and saw that someone recommended a CSR8510 A10 chip-based USB device for Mojave. I went online and bought the Orico Bluetooth Adapter BTA-402 for $11. I used RehabMan's awesome BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and it worked like a charm on my newly built Mojave. I copied the kexts BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext into /Library/Extensions and added the kernel flags -bpr_probedelay=200 -bpr_initialdelay=400 -bpr_postresetdelay=400 in the Clover config and then fixed permissions. Audio range is great and works all throughout my house (a small house) with no drop-outs. Airdrop works great. I don't use a bluetooth mouse or keyboard so I haven't tested that. The USB dongle is on the front of the case which probably helps with the good signal since its not stuck in a back USB port. I haven't tested Handoff because I have to tweak my serial number and haven't logged into iCloud yet. The picture shows the blue light on, but of course in real life it only flashes intermittently. Anyway just passing this along to anyone looking for a USB Bluetooth.

View attachment 402106View attachment 402107
View attachment 402111View attachment 402112

FYI, I bought this same card new and initially thought everything was great. I soon realised the WiFi throughput was very low and the bluetooth range was not very good. After extensive testing I determined 2 of the antennas were duds. You may find if you put some decent aerials on your card will work fine.

FYI, I bought this same card new and initially thought everything was great. I soon realised the WiFi throughput was very low and the bluetooth range was not very good. After extensive testing I determined 2 of the antennas were duds. You may find if you put some decent aerials on your card will work fine.

Do you know which of the 4 external antennas on the T919 are for the Bluetooth signal ?

I don't use a bluetooth mouse or keyboard so I haven't tested that.
I have no need for Wi-Fi as I'm on GLan, but I'd be curious if Apple Mouse and Keyboard work with this dongle.

Do you know which of the 4 external antennas on the T919 are for the Bluetooth signal ?

I do not know but suspect it is the top antenna. This is based on testing wifi network by removing all antennas and then testing wifi with one antenna moved progressively from bottom connector to top. The top connector one was the only connector when a known good antenna was used had not wifi connectivity.

Were you using 2.4 Wifi or 5GHz wifi ? Bluetooth will conflict with the Wifi 2.4 GHz

I tested both. The WiFi throughput was poor for both 2.4G and 5G however I did not try turning off the Bluetooth to see if the WiFi performance improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back