Gigabyte Z170-Sli
CPU
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello I just purchased a Fenvi T919 Bluetooth and wifi card. The box itself says its compatible with mac os and windows, and can also be plugged into the x16, x8, x1 PCIe slots so I have mines plugged it into the x8 PCIe slot in order to hide it underneath the GPU. USB header is plugged in, lights on the card turn on but the issue is the CD drivers. All I get from the CD is a .rar file which is counterproductive because you would need internet in order to access a .rar opener.

Anyways, when I finally got the .rar file to open, I was greeted with a bunch of files and none that I could execute, the CD did not even go through a process of installation like other drivers typically do. Fenvi's website is useless, they either lack information or provide useless information. Here is an example of what I get on my CD drive "installation" which is also the website's "drivers" -> http://fenvi.com/en/download_view.php?id=453

If anyone is capable or willing to help out, then that would be wonderful, I spent $60 on this and I doubt that a foreign Chinese company will provide me with a refund or even answer my calls.

2/8/2017 Update:
My Fenvi T919 is now working on both macOs and Windows. For macOs I had to install it on the x1 PCIe slot, and it worked out of the box after that. For windows read my last post.

Last edited:
For Hackintosh, no kext needed, supposed to work out of the box. You might have trouble getting it to work if it's not plugged in the x1 slot.

For Windows, download latest Boot Camp Support Software (5.1.5769), drivers will be in BootCamp\Drivers\Broadcom

Plug it in to a x1 slot to let this card work correctly. A few people have noted this seems to be required to get it working correctly. macOS has full driver support - no cd drivers required - these are probably for windows.

Plug it in to a x1 slot to let this card work correctly. A few people have noted this seems to be required to get it working correctly. macOS has full driver support - no cd drivers required - these are probably for windows.

Gotcha, I will move it up to the x1 slot. thank you

For Hackintosh, no kext needed, supposed to work out of the box. You might have trouble getting it to work if it's not plugged in the x1 slot.

For Windows, download latest Boot Camp Support Software (5.1.5769), drivers will be in BootCamp\Drivers\Broadcom

I will try the drivers you recommended and the the x1 slot. Thank you

I also got the Fenvi T919
motherboard is GA-H270N WiFi... SMBIOS iMac17,1
The wifi part of the card does work, I see no wifi option in System Preferences-->Network
But bluetooth seems to be working just well once the USB2.0 header is plugged in.

Edit: WiFi and Bluetooth works just fine on macOS Sierra(10.12.3), windows10 requires drivers for both bluetooth and wifi, the simplified Chinese named directory of the driver downloaded would prevent you from executing it if your computer cannot recognize it. You can just rename the entire folder and execute DPInst for Bluetooth, then AsusSetup for WiFi.
Official link for the driver is here

Last edited:
I also got the Fenvi T919
motherboard is GA-H270N WiFi... SMBIOS iMac17,1
The wifi part of the card does work, I see no wifi option in System Preferences-->Network
But bluetooth seems to be working just well once the USB2.0 header is plugged in.
Hello, on my MacOs partition the T919 worked right out of the box once i plugged it into the x1 pcie slot. However it does not work on Windows as I need some drivers, I contacted Fenvi but their downloads are the same and not very helpful.

Could it be that your motherboard's integrated wifi is interfering with Fenvi's? Maybe try the T919 on a different computer (friend's for example) and see if it works on theirs. Hopefully the card is not damaged.

Hello, on my MacOs partition the T919 worked right out of the box once i plugged it into the x1 pcie slot. However it does not work on Windows as I need some drivers, I contacted Fenvi but their downloads are the same and not very helpful.

Could it be that your motherboard's integrated wifi is interfering with Fenvi's? Maybe try the T919 on a different computer (friend's for example) and see if it works on theirs. Hopefully the card is not damaged.

Hey there, thx for the reply.

I totally forgot to report back. It was just the PCIe extender that somehow only deliver power but not actual data.
The new one I bought came in just now.
So far everything is working, handoff, wifi, bluetooth. I am gonna test it more with the stability and speed!
And fix imsg.

I still order a m.2 2230 Broadcom BCM94352Z known as DW1560, will see if they can coexist a few weeks latter when it comes.
It should with some kernel and kext patches.

Hey there, thx for the reply.

I totally forgot to report back. It was just the PCIe extender that somehow only deliver power but not actual data.
The new one I bought came in just now.
So far everything is working, handoff, wifi, bluetooth. I am gonna test it more with the stability and speed!
And fix imsg.

I still order a m.2 2230 Broadcom BCM94352Z known as DW1560, will see if they can coexist a few weeks latter when it comes.
It should with some kernel and kext patches.

Glad it all worked out :)

I solved my Fenvi's issues on Widows, I downloaded the drivers found here: http://fenvi.com/en/download_view.php?id=453

For Bluetooth I opened the "Bluetooth_broadcomx64" folder and then executed "DPInst" and proceeded to continue with the installation process.

BluetoothBroadcom.png
DPInst.png

For WIFI I could not find an executable file so what I did was to go over to Device Manager> Other Devices> Right Click on "Network Adapter">Properties>"browse my computer...">fenvi T919 drivers folder>Ian_broadcom folder> Next> and it should install the drivers.

DeviceManager.png

However, my bluetooth mx master is now acting weird after the wifi driver intallation. Oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back