i7 4790k @4,4Ghz / Noctua NH-D15
Graphics
AREZ RX VEGA 56= 2x1080p @75Hz
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I was experiencing bad results with the fenvi t919 that i've just bought for replace my Intel Ac7260.
The Wifi is very, very, very slow (I have 800mbps with a wire and I have 20mbps with the fenvi). Even the Ac7260 with the kext provided on this forum works better in wifi ! (around 100mbps)
Aslo, the card wasn't recognize as a Airport.
The card report a US country code but I'm in France,
Also, the card was blocked at n wifi with a Tx 200mbps, but the iMac in the same room is ac with 500 mbps
There isn't someone with the same issue, so I'm glad if u help me :)

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2020-06-12 à 17.46.34.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-06-12 à 17.46.34.png
    137.5 KB · Views: 72
Update
I've plugged back my Intel AC7260 with the AppleIntelWiFi.kext, and it's more stable !
I have a ping of 13ms without any fluctuation.
So, I've returned my Fenvi T919 and bought a Fenvi HV 1200.
I will post a feedback for told you the improve (or not^^)

sorry to bring this relatively old thread back to life, but i'm curious if the 1200 card solved your problem

You're talking about the FV-HB1200, which is a slower card, marked at 867Mbps vs the T919, which clocks in at 1750Mbps. It is also not fully supported by macOS, at least not natively.

Source out a BCM943602CS (3-connector wireless card) and grab a PCIe or m.2 adapter.

Regardless, no matter if you're using the BCM or the T919, you should be running AirportBrcmFixup which will allow you to set the country code to ensure proper performance and BrcmPatchRAM to avoid issues with the card's firmware dropping. No card works 100% OOB without additional kexts in the most recent version of Catalina.

The Fenvi is junk and will likely give much poorer range and reliability compared to the true Apple BCM.

You're talking about the FV-HB1200, which is a slower card, marked at 867Mbps vs the T919, which clocks in at 1750Mbps. It is also not fully supported by macOS, at least not natively.

Source out a BCM943602CS (3-connector wireless card) and grab a PCIe or m.2 adapter.

Regardless, no matter if you're using the BCM or the T919, you should be running AirportBrcmFixup which will allow you to set the country code to ensure proper performance and BrcmPatchRAM to avoid issues with the card's firmware dropping. No card works 100% OOB without additional kexts in the most recent version of Catalina.

The Fenvi is junk and will likely give much poorer range and reliability compared to the true Apple BCM.

not sure if you are responding to me or OP.
i was mostly curious about the speed, if that improved for OP.
i have no issues with the country code or Airdrop but the speed.
I have read that the card should be working with no kext in Catalina. Also, worth mentioning that the card performs the same in Windows 10.

not sure if you are responding to me or OP.
i was mostly curious about the speed, if that improved for OP.
i have no issues with the country code or Airdrop but the speed.
I have read that the card should be working with no kext in Catalina. Also, worth mentioning that the card performs the same in Windows 10.
A 867Mbps card won't be faster than a 1750Mbps card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back