Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Pro
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mojave 10.14.3, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro (without wi-fi)

Fenvi T919 Card is up and running, all functions work (handoff, conitinuity etc). It's correctly shown in System report page. Got it working by using BrcmPatchRAM2, BrcmFirmwareRepo and AirportBrcmFixup kexts placed in /Library/Extensions.

The problems start to appear after plugging in of some USB devices (it doesn't matter if I connect a usb device to USB2.0 or USB3.0 port) , sometimes after doing so all the bluetooth devices suddenly disconnect, but not always. After reboot or putting the mac into sleep and waking it up bluetooth may start working again.

I don't use any custom SSDT to make all USB ports work, I use USB Port Limit patch for Clover instead.

I'm just trying to figure up what should I do to make this card work correctly all the time.

Search: Beginners Guide custom USB SSDT and follow that guide.

So you think the problem is in incorrect USB mapping? With USB port limit patch all usb port and devices work correctly, both usb2 and usb3

So you think the problem is in incorrect USB mapping? With USB port limit patch all usb port and devices work correctly, both usb2 and usb3

The problems start to appear after plugging in of some USB devices (it doesn't matter if I connect a usb device to USB2.0 or USB3.0 port) , sometimes after doing so all the bluetooth devices suddenly disconnect, but not always. After reboot or putting the mac into sleep and waking it up bluetooth may start working again.
According to what you've described in post #1, all usb ports and devices are not working correctly. BT devices rely on their connection to a USB 2.0 header to function, that is why they are disconnecting in the above scenario.

The port limit patch is only for temporary use. If you make the USB SSDT you won't need to keep updating the port limit patch with every update. They don't always work anyway so best to not rely on them.

Last edited:
Got another problem with this card which I think is not related to USB issues... if you click on the wifi icon and choose to turn wiifi off, you can't enable it later until reboot. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Initial issues seem to be solved by removing USB Port Limit Patch and carefully mapping USB ports according to this guide:

The guide basically follows the use of USBMap script, found here https://github.com/corpnewt/USBMap
I ended up with making USBMap.kext (instead of making SSDT, which does the same), removed USBInjectAll.kext and all max port limit patches and this fixed the issues I had with bluetooth.

Last edited:
After a thorough testing I discovered, that issue is still not solved, so I removed the prefix from topic. After correctly mapping all usb ports bluetooth devices still disconnect sometimes, though since then it happens less often. I'd be grateful for any further suggestions.

After a thorough testing I discovered, that issue is still not solved, so I removed the prefix from topic. After correctly mapping all usb ports bluetooth devices still disconnect sometimes, though since then it happens less often. I'd be grateful for any further suggestions.
I know it's been years. I think I have the same problem. I'm going to attribute it to the Fenvi card. I never had any issues with USB suddenly disconnecting in the past, but about 6 months ago I installed the Fenvi card so I can get handoff and unlock with apple watch to work. I think the USB problems started around that time. I've basically unplugged all other USB devices and have mapped all my USB ports. I haven't been able to find a solution.

Post a copy of your USBPorts.kext or SSDT-UIAC.aml so we can see what you are using to configure your USB ports.

A screenshot from Hackintool > USB tab would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back