Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z170A GAMING M5
CPU
Intel Core i5 6600
Graphics
1050 ti
Hey friends, I have a smooth build with High Sierra (10.13.6) and I'm using Fenvi T919 Card to have OOB WiFi and Bluetooth.

Everything works almost perfectly, I'm using the Wifi and the signal seems to be pretty good, not perfect all the time but very decent, I have to say that my Wifi router is a couple of feets away from the PC.

On the other hand, I'm only using the BT for my audio needs, I'm using it with wireless devices, I have two, the Apple Airpods 2 (Second version of the regular ones, not the Pros) and Sony WH-1000XM3, they pair correctly with my Hackintosh and I can use them with no issues from separated distances inside my house.

The problem I'm facing is that sometimes they stutter, I've noticed that it happens more often on the Sony's than on the Airpods (Don't know if it's because is a bigger device that requires a better signal, just a paranoid thought) I also get sometimes random reconnections (only on the Sony's so far). My initial gut is that it has something to do with the signal and I've seen some people suggest getting an antenna extension like this to improve it, I'm not sure if this will do the trick for me or if the signal is the actual problem since Wifi seems to work pretty decent. I have only tested audio with this BT, I'm using the Mouse MX Master 2S and Keyboard MX Keys (I hate cables :p) but I'm using them perfectly with the Unifying Receiver, I think I'm going to do some tests on Bluetooth with them tho.

Anyways, I just wanted to ask if any of you have experienced the same issue and what things have you done to overcome it.

Have you solved the problem? I've the same problem and it is so annoying

There is no problem. Fenvi is junk. Regardless of your set up, the position of the antenna, it is a dog, generating about half the distance compared to a real Broadcom chip.

General performance is trash as well. Using multiple BT devices at the same elucidates this issue but even a single device will receive sputtered data. Which is what you are seeing. Drops in data over the air.

Lastly, the Fenvi is prone to more interference. Microwaves, phones, whatever impede BT.

You're comparing a tiny outfit that reverse engineered a Broadcom chip and mass produced it with whatever quality they could get their hands to a trillion dollar company that has had a stranglehold on the industry and has to meet stringent QA that Apple sets.

The reason this is not more well known is a reflection of the Hackintosh community as a whole. Nobody tests this stuff and people assume that if macOS detects it and it works, that you'll get the same quality of that of a real card.

If you want a solid experience, you'll need to source a real card from a Mac and then get a quality PCI adapter (this is rather hard as price alone does not dictate this).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back