CPU
i7-10510u
Graphics
HD 655
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, sorry that my first post is a question, thank you for all the valuble information on this site!

I have an issue - I only have two USB headers on my motherboard. Both of these are shown as HS13 in IORegistryExplorer within a USB2.0 Hub. I use one of the ports for bluetooth on a Fenvi T919. I use the other header for my CORSAIR iCUE.

When I disable HS13 completely and reboot, bluetooth doesn't work, but sleep works. When I set the HS13 port to Internal it doesn't solve my issue, I think because the two devices are nested inside a USB Hub.

If I unplug the Corsair iCUE USB, my system fans don't work, but in Mac OS, Sleep and Bluetooth all work correctly.

Is there a way for me to disable the Corsair iCUE USB (H150iRGBPROXT) hub port to disabled within OS?

I have seen another post on here where hackintoshers disconnect the Corsair iCUE USB header completely, and connect the fans manually to the different power outputs, controlling the fans in the bios, but I would prefer to keep the functionality within windows if possible.

Link to my motherboard:
Link to the Corsair iCUE USB:

Attachments

• HS14 USB Hub.png
    HS14 USB Hub.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 66
As a temporary fix, I've plugged a mini usb cable into the Corsair iCUE USB and ran it to one of the ports on the back of the motherboard. I've then disabled that port in OS. It would be great to know if there is a non-hacky solution to this to disable devices separately inside the hub, and still use the two internal motherboard headers. Happy to experiment if anyone has any ideas :)

Thanks

Is Your Z490 Aorus Pro AX Ethernet Port is working? Can you please Upload Your EFI for Z490 Pro AX! I have Ethernet and USB patch pending...

@jamesfawcett In my experience it is unusual to see the two internal headers with the same port designation and acting as a Hub, so you are fairly unlucky in that respect.

Connecting the Corsair iCue to a different port is all you can do. As your motherboard has no other internal ports, your 'Hacky' solution is probably the best you will get.

Unless you change your motherboard, which seems execessive given you have solved the issue, all be it is not the most athletically acceptable solution.

Thanks Edhawk. I posted a reply earlier to Moxmedia with a link but it hasn't been approved by mods, maybe git hub links are not allowed. Yes my Ethernet works well to full speed. I managed to hide the USB lead quite well in the gaps in my case, but you are right, using internal headers would be a lot more satisfying!

Thanks Edhawk. I posted a reply earlier to Moxmedia with a link but it hasn't been approved by mods, maybe git hub links are not allowed. Yes my Ethernet works well to full speed. I managed to hide the USB lead quite well in the gaps in my case, but you are right, using internal headers would be a lot more satisfying!
Oh... But you can upload your EFI directly without serial number in SMBIOS... I'm looking for Ethernet and USB solutions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back