CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all! Running my Fenvi card and with the Apple Magic Keyboard 2, the Magic Trackpad 2 and a Logitech MX Master 2 it runs flawlessly. The card has worked for years.

A few days ago, I (stupidly) spilled a coffee all over the magic keyboard and decided on the Keychron K2 V2 as a replacement. It connects fine to my 2020 MacBook Pro, but the Fenvi adapter doesn’t see it at all. I deleted the old keyboard from the Bluetooth devices panel, my trackpad and mouse work fine. I’ve even tried to turn off those devices during the pairing process and no dice.

I use some extended antennas with wires attached to the Fenvi as my desk is too thick for the signal. Even with the antennas at different lengths, no luck here.

Anybody have any idea what’s going on?

I know this isn't much help, but I have used my K2 V1 with the Fenvi T919 with little issue (I extended the BT antenna to the desk like you did). I ended up switching to an Apple Broadcom card because my mouse and headphones performed very poorly. I had to use the antennas from the Fenvi because it was all I had. Performance was still pretty bad until I found an Antenna that came with an ASUS motherboard. Completely fixed my poor bluetooth performance.

My point being, the antennas Fenvi supplied with their card are not good. perhaps getting some different ones might help. I'm not sure why you are unable to pair the keyboard in the first place though. I have the older version of your keyboard and haven't had an issue with that.

My point being, the antennas Fenvi supplied with their card are not good. perhaps getting some different ones might help. I'm not sure why you are unable to pair the keyboard in the first place though. I have the older version of your keyboard and haven't had an issue with that.

You’re right.

I think my post was misunderstood. I’m not using the supplied antennas. I bought 2 sets of antennas with long cords that attach to the PCIE card and sit on my desk.

Eightwood Dual WiFi Antenna with RP-SMA Male Connector, 2.4GHz 5GHz Dual Band Antenna Magnetic Base for PCI-E WiFi Network Card USB WiFi Adapter Wireless Router Mobile Hotspot

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07JVDNDCR/?tag=tonymacx86c0c-20

For Wi-Fi it maxes out as the router is close by (not that it matters because I use Ethernet- Wi-Fi is only for things like Airdrop/ Continuity / Handoff etc). For Bluetooth, it completely fixed all my range issues with Bluetooth so it’s been perfect since I got them. (My desk is solid wood, and about 3-3.5 inches thick). Without these, using the machine was almost impossible w/ Bluetooth.

That stuff works flawlessly. And everything else that’s Bluetooth connects no issue except this keyboard. But I ruled out the keyboard being bad because my MacBook recognizes it no problem. The K2 V2 is Bluetooth 5.1- I don’t think that’s the issue but I may email them to be sure.

Thats very odd. You wouldn't happen to be dual booting with windows? is there any way that you could try to take your current macOS install out of the equation?

Thats very odd. You wouldn't happen to be dual booting with windows? is there any way that you could try to take your current macOS install out of the equation?
I'm not currently dual-booting Windows on this machine.

I do have an older install I cloned using Carbon Copy Cloner I can boot from on an external SSD. Let's see if that connects the keyboard. I'll reboot shortly and update here.

Yeah that didn’t help.

I did notice in system information -> Bluetooth, there’s a ton of items in there (seems to be a lot of Bluetooth enabled devices in the general area where my machine is- including my nvidia shield for some odd reason- I never connected that, nor have I saw a need to want to connect it).

Is there a way to clear this list and start over as it were? I’m wondering if I’ve hit some kind of limit on devices.

If you have the Bluetooth icon displayed on the menu bar, do the folloiwng:
  1. Hold down the Alt or Option key and click on the bluetooth icon in the menu bar,
  2. This should display a different dropdown menu, compared to normally just clicking on the BT icon,
  3. The Bluetooth devices connected to your system should be displayed within the menu, with an arrow adjacent to the device name,
  4. Select the arrow adjacent to the device you want to remove, and
  5. Select the appropriate action from the available list.
Example shown below.

Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 16.28.28.png

If you have the Bluetooth icon displayed on the menu bar, do the folloiwng:
  1. Hold down the Alt or Option key and click on the bluetooth icon in the menu bar,
  2. This should display a different dropdown menu, compared to normally just clicking on the BT icon,
  3. The Bluetooth devices connected to your system should be displayed within the menu, with an arrow adjacent to the device name,
  4. Select the arrow adjacent to the device you want to remove, and
  5. Select the appropriate action from the available list.
Example shown below.

View attachment 524305

There seems to be only 2 devices listed there at the moment (my MX Master 2S & my Magic Trackpad 2)

But in System Information under Bluetooth I see those 2 plus:

My Apple TV 4K (2nd Gen)
An old Apple TV I gave to my parents
2020 Macbook Pro
2017 Macbook Pro (which got replaced by the 2020 from Apple)
iPad Air 2
Apple Watch Gen 4
iPhone XS Max

None of the other devices are actually needed.... MAYBE the phone & watch for continuity and possibly the Apple TV I guess for for AirPlay..?

So only two are connected. The other are old setups that no longer connect to your system. If they are only showing in the System Information > Bluetooth report, they are not causing any issues and can be ignored.

I think the only safe way to remove them permanently would be to reconnect them to your system, and use the Remove function I posted above.

The other BT devices will be saved in a plist somewhere, but I don't know which one. Otherwise I would tell you which plist to edit or delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back