Contribute
Register

Fenvi FV-T919A - Wireless Network Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works like a charm! Thanks again

Hi JSAlvarez,
I got a FV-919 and now Airdrop works as new mac, Airdrop to iPhone also works. However continuity features and hand off are not working. I already signed in with same Apple ID. Any ideas?

EDIT:
Removed URL due to unavailability. If you can find this card somewhere else for around the $60 price point please let the thread know in a comment!

Just received this card from amazon today, and I must say, I'm amazed by how well it works. Before I had another wireless PCI card and for the life of me couldn't get WiFi working, only bluetooth, and handoff never really worked. It would randomly show my iPhone app but it would always lead to a "handoff could not be completed" message, so I decided to try out this one.
After getting it plugged in, everything works out of the box, no kexts, drivers, patches, or anything.
I am currently running on macOS Sierra 10.12.2, with a Z170MX mobo, so if anyone who's on Sierra and in the market for a good wireless card, I'd highly recommend this one. Continuity and Handoff, as well as airdrop, all work straight out of the box. Didn't have to mess with anything. I even tested unlocking the Mac with an Apple Watch, and that works too! Even more surprising, once I got the card working in Windows, which only required a small driver download from the company site, bluetooth devices worked across both Windows and Mac without having to re-pair or mess with the registry to change the bluetooth ID numbers.

View attachment 225179View attachment 225180View attachment 225182

Does the motherboard that much matter? I mean, will be there any problems with other Gigabyte mobo (GA-B250-HD3P or GA-B250M-D3H)?

So is no one else having issues when using the wifi and bluetooth at the same time?
When I'm downloading my mouse stutters all over the place and my AirPods lose connection. The issue is less severe if I switch to a 5 GHz network, but that shouldn't be the fix IMO.

I'm getting the same issue as you, have you found a fix?

Hi JSAlvarez,
I got a FV-919 and now Airdrop works as new mac, Airdrop to iPhone also works. However continuity features and hand off are not working. I already signed in with same Apple ID. Any ideas?
Did you manage to get it working?

Hi guys,

I have a VERY similar build to JS's - GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5, i7-6700K, GTX 960SSC. Also own the FV-T919. Problem is that I've NEVER been able to get the Wi-fi to work. El Capitan tells me there is no Wi-fi hardware installed. Bluetooth works great BTW.

Anyone have any insights on how to troubleshoot this? I do have Ethernet working with this mobo so it's not a HUGE deal, but half the reason I bought this card was for the fast wi-fi.

I have the same kind of Sierra build just finished last night. Z170MX, I7-6700K, GTX1060WTF and the FV-T919 in a BitFenix Prodigy M.
My bluetooth works perfectly smooth as well.
It's wifi that isn't showing up anywhere in OSX. Since my EVGA GTX1060WTF takes up two slots it's blocking the PCIe 1x slot. so my FV-T919 is in the PCIe 8x slot which should work just fine since the BT is working.
I also have a H60 AIO radiator on the CPU which makes the inside space a little on the tight side.

My ethernet port works as well so it's not the end of the world right now. It's just a little silly looking the bright yellow CAT cable that is currently going through the entire room to the router.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I have a VERY similar build to JS's - GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5, i7-6700K, GTX 960SSC. Also own the FV-T919. Problem is that I've NEVER been able to get the Wi-fi to work. El Capitan tells me there is no Wi-fi hardware installed. Bluetooth works great BTW.

Anyone have any insights on how to troubleshoot this? I do have Ethernet working with this mobo so it's not a HUGE deal, but half the reason I bought this card was for the fast wi-fi.

So I did a little bit more tinkering on my build. since I also have a Z170MX mobo.

I had to put the T919 in the other PCIe 4x slot to see if that might have worked and I still didn't get the wifi part to be seen inside Sierra.
Then I did what I didn't want to do, which was to put the 1060 in the 8x slot where the T919 was and then the t919 in the 1x slot that then no longer was blocked by the 1060 and now it works great.
As far is the 1060 goes.. I haven't seen any changes yet in performance.. but I do have to say that this is the first "high performance" card I bought for my own build, so i simple can't tell right now if it's being bottle-necked in ways that will annoy me.

It kind of sucks because I now have my H60 CPU AIO radiator mounted in an awkward spot since that space is now taking up by the 1060.
bummer that the card doesn't actually work on the other slots even thought it's said it should work with the TY919 card.
Maybe because the Z170MX or sierra don't play nice with it. And the BT part of the card only draws power from the PCIe slot since it's connected to a USB2 header for data on the mobo. with the wifi part actually using the slot for data.
But I can't imagine that no one has had this issue and not found this threat as it's the 1st result on google and kind of only one talking about the wifi part not working as expected.

If you haven't tried my solution yet.. I woould recommend trying it out at least to see if it's really just that and that your card it's ****ed.
Because than that mystery is solved and someone else with the same issue might find this also being the same for their build.
Since my LAN port also works just fine I can always flip the two around if it does have negative effects. At least than the BT works.

There is a native wifi card by OSX WIFI that works in a x4 slot. The downside is that it costs more than the Fenvi does.
It's sold at www.osxwifi.com sells for about 120 USD. They have to alter the adapter to make it work in a x4 slot. You can also buy it at Amazon for a little more + shipping. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012LOT512/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

1 x Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD - 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with Bluetooth 4.0
1 x Original Apple wireless card to Mini PCI-E Adapter
1 x Mini PCI-E to PCI-E x1 Adapter (will work in PCI-E x4, PCI-E x8, PCI-E x16 slots)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back