Contribute
Register

Fenvi FV-T919A - Wireless Network Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I have installed mine and bluetooth is working (typing this from my magic keyboard) but handoff doesn't seem to be working. I have checked the settings and all my devices and Hackintosh have handoff enabled but when I start working on a document in word on my iPhone I am not seeing the handoff app in my dock on the hackintosh.

I have connected to the same WiFi network on the Hackintosh too (even though I have wired ethernet to this machine) and still no handoff.

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

On your phone :
Settings - Mobile Data - On
Settings - Mobile Data - Personal Hotspot - On

On your Mac / Hack
Bluetooth icon on the menu bar
Click your Phone then Connect to Network
Accept pairing

This should start the flow, you may then return your phone settings to their previous state.

Any ideas?
I had to sign out of all of my idevices and sign back into them one at a time, my hack being the last thing I signed into. This is a handoff problem, not the wireless card. It happens even on real macs. Just give it a bit of time once you sign back into all of your iCloud devices.

Tried both of the above and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Here is the output from the system log:

Alexanders-iMac:~ paladine$ cat /var/log/system.log | grep -i handoff
Jan 6 11:12:00 Alexanders-iMac sharingd[422]: 11:12:00.817 : Device Capabilities (Handoff:YES, Instant Hotspot:YES, AirDrop:YES, Legacy AirDrop:YES, Remote Disc:NO)
Jan 6 11:16:09 Alexanders-iMac sharingd[422]: 11:16:09.754 : Handoff: renewCredentialsForAccount <ACAccountStore: 0xERASED>

(I erased the ACAccountStore ID).

I can use HotSpot but Handoff is not working and when I try to use AirDrop to push a file to iPhone it says:

"The Device does not have the necessary services."

Also if I copy something to the iPhone clipboard it is not available on my Hackintosh clipboard and vice-versa (if I copy something to my Hackintosh clipboard it is not available in my iPhone clipboard).

Tried both of the above and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Here is the output from the system log:

Alexanders-iMac:~ paladine$ cat /var/log/system.log | grep -i handoff
Jan 6 11:12:00 Alexanders-iMac sharingd[422]: 11:12:00.817 : Device Capabilities (Handoff:YES, Instant Hotspot:YES, AirDrop:YES, Legacy AirDrop:YES, Remote Disc:NO)
Jan 6 11:16:09 Alexanders-iMac sharingd[422]: 11:16:09.754 : Handoff: renewCredentialsForAccount <ACAccountStore: 0xERASED>

(I erased the ACAccountStore ID).

I can use HotSpot but Handoff is not working and when I try to use AirDrop to push a file to iPhone it says:

"The Device does not have the necessary services."

Also if I copy something to the iPhone clipboard it is not available on my Hackintosh clipboard and vice-versa (if I copy something to my Hackintosh clipboard it is not available in my iPhone clipboard).
When I get off work I might be able to troubleshoot some of these issues with you. Leave a list of all of the kexts you use and your config.plist if you don't mind. Just want to get a good idea of what kind of system we're using here. As far as I'm concerned our builds are pretty much identical, you just have the full atx version of my board. So it should work.

When I get off work I might be able to troubleshoot some of these issues with you. Leave a list of all of the kexts you use and your config.plist if you don't mind. Just want to get a good idea of what kind of system we're using here. As far as I'm concerned our builds are pretty much identical, you just have the full atx version of my board. So it should work.
Hey JSAlvarez, thanks. I am about to attempt to install Sierra on my NVMe drive so I will get back to this once I have got that working (it may even fix my problems). I am hoping to get it installed in the next few hours, just waiting for some help with setting up the NVMe patch on the install media in another forum post.

I am having another weird issue too... when I go into Preferences>Keyboard>Setup a bluetooth keyboard

It never finds my keyboard (even though it is connected to bluetooth and working.)

Also when I go to "Change Keyboard Type" it is unable identifiy my keyboard...

Is this normal?

Let me re-iterate the keyboard is working and paired via Bluetooth it is just not being detected in the system preferences under the Keyboard settings (I am typing on it to write this post).

I am having another weird issue too... when I go into Preferences>Keyboard>Setup a bluetooth keyboard

It never finds my keyboard (even though it is connected to bluetooth and working.)

Also when I go to "Change Keyboard Type" it is unable identifiy my keyboard...

Is this normal?

Let me re-iterate the keyboard is working and paired via Bluetooth it is just not being detected in the system preferences under the Keyboard settings (I am typing on it to write this post).
That isn't normal, not for me at least. My bluetooth always properly shows my connected devices. What OS are you running? It should be noted that my success with this wireless card has been exclusively on Sierra.

That isn't normal, not for me at least. My bluetooth always properly shows my connected devices. What OS are you running? It should be noted that my success with this wireless card has been exclusively on Sierra.
My Bluetooth is showing the correct devices fine - what I mean is if you go to System Preferences>Keyboard

At the bottom there are three buttons "Change Keyboard Type", "Set up Bluetooth Keyboard" and "Modifier Keys"

Change Keyboard Type doesn't detect my keyboard (but it should)
Set Up Bluetooth Keyboard doesn't find my keyboard (even though it is currently connected and working via Bluetooth).

As I said, the keyboard works fine and is paired in the Bluetooth Management console but these keyboard specific system settings are not able to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back