1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
EDIT:
Removed URL due to unavailability. If you can find this card somewhere else for around the $60 price point please let the thread know in a comment!

Just received this card from amazon today, and I must say, I'm amazed by how well it works. Before I had another wireless PCI card and for the life of me couldn't get WiFi working, only bluetooth, and handoff never really worked. It would randomly show my iPhone app but it would always lead to a "handoff could not be completed" message, so I decided to try out this one.
After getting it plugged in, everything works out of the box, no kexts, drivers, patches, or anything.
I am currently running on macOS Sierra 10.12.2, with a Z170MX mobo, so if anyone who's on Sierra and in the market for a good wireless card, I'd highly recommend this one. Continuity and Handoff, as well as airdrop, all work straight out of the box. Didn't have to mess with anything. I even tested unlocking the Mac with an Apple Watch, and that works too! Even more surprising, once I got the card working in Windows, which only required a small driver download from the company site, bluetooth devices worked across both Windows and Mac without having to re-pair or mess with the registry to change the bluetooth ID numbers.

Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 7.34.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-14 at 7.35.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-14 at 7.42.37 PM.png

Last edited:
That's great news will keep this in mind for next build, I purchased the expensive one and sometimes cont works but not as reliable as you say however Bluetooth and wifi worked out the box. But this one is almost 40% cheaper and seems like it works as good or better. Thanks for this

in the US, this links to this card:

upload_2017-1-4_11-3-40.png

I'm still in the process of looking at what should and shouldn't work - but this one causes a kernel panic on startup

Last edited:
in the US, this links to this card:

View attachment 228450

I'm still in the process of looking at what should and shouldn't work - but this one causes a kernel panic on startup
Actually, this is not the same card that originally linked to that URL. It was from the US but it looks like it might not be available for purchase anymore. I'll make an edit on the original post so people know this. Sorry about any confusion, and thanks for letting us know.

JSAlvarez,

I know this is offtopic to the wifi card but I cannot message you as I'm too newb on this forum.. oh well..

I have a very similar build to yours, I have the 6700k, ga-z170mx-gaming 5, 16gb ddr4 3200, 980 ti evga sc acx 2.0, h100i v2 cooler, same wifi card, 4k monitor.

ANYWHO, my question that no one can help with is sleeping :|

My computer when I put it to sleep, I can wake it up with the keyboard but have zero video signal, its just a black screen..... not sure how I can fix this. Any thoughts? Just figured I'd toss it at you and hopefully no one deletes this post as you have the same mobo. (I tried manually sleeping w/ put disks to sleep when possible, darkmode=0 or 10, same results).

Actually, this is not the same card that originally linked to that URL. It was from the US but it looks like it might not be available for purchase anymore. I'll make an edit on the original post so people know this. Sorry about any confusion, and thanks for letting us know.

Available Amazon UK

Also on eBay, from China, which is where I sourced my card. Post was quick and hassle free.

JSAlvarez,

I know this is offtopic to the wifi card but I cannot message you as I'm too newb on this forum.. oh well..

I have a very similar build to yours, I have the 6700k, ga-z170mx-gaming 5, 16gb ddr4 3200, 980 ti evga sc acx 2.0, h100i v2 cooler, same wifi card, 4k monitor.

ANYWHO, my question that no one can help with is sleeping :|

My computer when I put it to sleep, I can wake it up with the keyboard but have zero video signal, its just a black screen..... not sure how I can fix this. Any thoughts? Just figured I'd toss it at you and hopefully no one deletes this post as you have the same mobo. (I tried manually sleeping w/ put disks to sleep when possible, darkmode=0 or 10, same results).
Sleep is a known issue with skylake builds. Has to do something with the 530. In order for sleep to work properly the graphics has to be woken first by the integrated intel chip, even with a dedicated GPU. I'm not sure if this issue has yet to be resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back