Contribute
Register

Fenvi FV-T919 Wifi/BT card At Newegg.com for $51.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it appears my Fenvi card was not a knockoff. There are two separate revisions of the card, the one I have is the most recent one with the smaller USB cable connector on the card itself.

Fenvi support has been very very kind to provide me with 2 cables, which they shipped from China to Greece for free and they arrived today.

so Yay to Fenvi for their products and their support.

Something I just noticed after taking out my BCM94360CD card and it's adapter. (Not the Fenvi version)

On the back they tell your which antenna is for BT. 2nd connector from the top. Not sure which one is the 5Ghz antenna. Would be easy enough to determine that by setting your router to 5GHz only and then removing one antenna at a time.

Never noticed this before. I'm pretty sure it's the same arrangement on the Fenvi branded card. If anyone can confirm this, post your findings here.

20200313_104937.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, my little bluetooth cable just ripped out of the tab that connects into the Fenvi card. Really flimsy connection and clearly i didn't baby it enough. A few internet searches led me here. Is there any way to buy a replacement cable that fits (mine is the rev with the small black tab, not the larger white one in the photo above) and doesn't take two months?

Damn, my little bluetooth cable just ripped out of the tab that connects into the Fenvi card. Really flimsy connection and clearly i didn't baby it enough. A few internet searches led me here. Is there any way to buy a replacement cable that fits (mine is the rev with the small black tab, not the larger white one in the photo above) and doesn't take two months?
It's hard to tell with photos, but would this work?

It's hard to tell with photos, but would this work?
Hard to tell, but looks a bit too wide. The connector on the rev of the card I have is so tiny! I've been making myself crazy trying to feed the 4 wires back into the little holes, but I'm close to giving up. Maybe i'll order one of these just to find out lol

There's a 4 pin and a 2 pin. Sometimes they route the ground and 5V, sometimes they don't (there's no need, because it just creates a ground loop).

If you buy a 4-pin as a replacement, then just hang on to that 2-pin housing from your old cable. Use a needle or something else sharp to press on the indents that hold the pins in the housing. Then push the two inner pins into the old housing. Snip off the ends of the other two wires, and use some strong tape or heat-shrink tubing to cap the wires off and ensure that their conductors don't come into contact with anything nearby (or each other).

Hard to tell, but looks a bit too wide. The connector on the rev of the card I have is so tiny! I've been making myself crazy trying to feed the 4 wires back into the little holes, but I'm close to giving up. Maybe i'll order one of these just to find out lol
Sending an email to Fenvi is also an option. They could either send a replacement cable or provide a link to another site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back