Contribute
Register

Fenvi FV-T919 Wifi/BT card At Newegg.com for $51.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine came in today and the wifi works 100% but where do I plug in the BT cable? I plugged it into the header labeled "Media 2" and the bluetooth preference pane won't pop up.

Mine came in today and the wifi works 100% but where do I plug in the BT cable? I plugged it into the header labeled "Media 2" and the bluetooth preference pane won't pop up.

It needs to go into a USB port (pins) on the motherboard.

Yes, the BT will work with 10.13 if you connect the cable to one of the USB 2.0 headers on the motherboard. I have not changed one of these to the LP bracket yet. I think that it will require removing one of the plastic external antennas.
I simply removed the bracket and inserted the Fenvi card in my SFF 8300. This way, I can attach all four antennae. I may cut the original full length bracket down to provide a little more stability for the card. I think it will be too difficult to find/fabricate a LP bracket to match the card.

The Bluetooth functioned fine when I had the cable provided plugged into the Media2 USB connector.

For helpful info see the HP support page at: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-compaq-elite-8300-small-form-factor-pc/5232852/manuals

Gamb00ler

Sorry to resurrect an old post, but after installing the FV-T919 into my HP 8300 CMT, my wifi is recognized by the system flawlessly, which is great!

However, the Bluetooth still won't work even though I have attached the card to the "Media 2" header on the motherboard. Also, my wifi connection on my desktop hackintosh isn't nearly as quick as on my Macbook Air in the same location. Anyone else have these issues? Please let me know! Thanks :)

Sorry to resurrect an old post, but after installing the FV-T919 into my HP 8300 CMT, my wifi is recognized by the system flawlessly, which is great!

However, the Bluetooth still won't work even though I have attached the card to the "Media 2" header on the motherboard. Also, my wifi connection on my desktop hackintosh isn't nearly as quick as on my Macbook Air in the same location. Anyone else have these issues? Please let me know! Thanks :)
I've 3 of them and works flawlessly..

It could be a number of things. You may not have USB working correctly for the whole system. The onboard USB 2 "media" headers may not be functioning. You could have a defective card. Some cards sold from China are forgeries, that's why it's best to buy direct from Fenvi on Newegg.com. Also check that you have the BT 02 Rev. B0 chipset. Check in "System."

Last edited:
I simply removed the bracket and inserted the Fenvi card in my SFF 8300. This way, I can attach all four antennae. I may cut the original full length bracket down to provide a little more stability for the card. I think it will be too difficult to find/fabricate a LP bracket to match the card.

The Bluetooth functioned fine when I had the cable provided plugged into the Media2 USB connector.

For helpful info see the HP support page at: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-compaq-elite-8300-small-form-factor-pc/5232852/manuals

Gamb00ler

would you mind posting a pic of what you did? I have the 919, but cannot figure out what to do since it isn't LP. i hate to waste the 50$, but it's just been sitting for months now.

Here's a new video on the FV-T919 for anyone who wants to see what they'll get in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back